Why it takes so much time to turn profitable

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by alex.samant, May 17, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

Ahhh, no.

#21     May 17, 2007
  2. Oh didn't you hear BSAM?
    Don't post anymore. The posts are not worth reading... (except gnome's, no pun intended)...

#22     May 17, 2007
  3. The process of learning here is a creative one. It's great that you started the thread, but because of the diversity of knowledge, skills and information that traders have here on ET, don't be worried about finishing it.

Just let everyone chime-in, say what they have to say, and learn from the experience.

There will be many readers of the thread, and everyone will get something different from it.

Good trading,

JJ

#23     May 17, 2007
  4. dpolyakov

dpolyakov

Here is my answer: many people do not:
    1) consider first to be profitable on the demo account
    2) use a "sixth" sense to buy/sell.
    Of cause there are some lucky people that "just making money", but for the rest of us it takes a looooooooot of time and money...

Dima
    mmepxlorer.com

#24     May 17, 2007
  5. Everyone here has an opinion on why it takes so much time to turn profitable,
    education.....reliable trade system.....test trading.....discipline.
    "Collectively when you put all those opinions together,
    you have the complete package for success."

#25     May 17, 2007
  6. nove

nove

And it explains why there is money to be made in the markets. Thanks to all the diverse participants.

#26     May 17, 2007
  7. nove: People like you giving thanks to the rest of the world are so full of s***. I can't believe it! I hope you wake up one day buddy! It would be nice if you could thank yourself for making money, not the rest of the world...

#27     May 18, 2007
  8. inPeace

inPeace

hi Alex,

Thanks for your sharing. your words are encouragement/assurance to me.
    i have powerful systems but bad discipline. now forcing myself to pick up detail records and serious money managment.

i think in order to struggle to stay on the right path, one has to REPEATEDLY remind himself the boring but essential survival rules.

#28     May 18, 2007
  9. Cesko

Cesko

Money management+CONSISTENT exits.
    For newbies rather wider than tighter stops. Do not ignore trend.

Trading lesson is over.

#29     May 18, 2007
  10. nove

nove

So now I know more about you. You are rude and don't understand the english language - you clearly don't feel you are my buddy.

Good luck in your trading. You will probably need it with all that anger.

#30     May 18, 2007