Why isn't the market going down?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MustPlayOptions, May 6, 2008.

1. LT701

LT701

NO SHIT SHERLOCK

thanks for pointing out the obvious

#31     May 6, 2008
  2. LT701

LT701

i really think that's it

we are looking at the spectre of hyperinflation to bail out the fed's bubble disasters and neocon wars

what a disaster, these people are

#32     May 6, 2008
  3. I actually am very diversified with 10% in 3 bond funds, 40% in 6 or 7 region specific international funds, 40% in specific ector funds and 10% in general market funds.

I haven't made any major adjustments in these positions for over 2 years and am up over 25%, but I really don't want to see another 50% drop.

I'm not wise enough to pick specific sectors and time things that way as some posters suggest so that's why I'm thinking all or none.

Thanks for all the responses so far. The sector suggestion so far is the thing that makes the most sense to me so far, but I'm still very nervous.

#33     May 6, 2008
  4. But some puts then, I thought you would have done this given your view and name.

5yr

#34     May 6, 2008
  5. The market is being held up by massive amounts of liqudity pumped in from the Fed. The market does not truly reflect the loss of overall "WEALTH" from the weak dollar.

Infact, the INDU isn't really a 'representation' of anything but hope at this moment.

If anything the market will start to dry up, as we are seeing signals now, end up in a tight range for a few years. We may not see a "Crash" or a serious move below 11000.

I think the smart money has rolled out of the INDU and the majority of the US Markets. Mutual Funds, 401ks and your average joe may still have his working money going into the market but IMHO but I think many have hit the exits.

#35     May 6, 2008
  6. Here's a balanced ETF portfolio for you, that would have held up pretty well in both 2007-08 and 2000-2003:
    _____

If you would have rolled into Energy Funds, Mining Funds and Emerging Markets, you would have blown away most of your 25%. Energy funds can be up near 60% as emerging Markets can be between 22% and 30%.

INDU and America isn't the only place to put your WEAK DOLLAR to work.

#36     May 6, 2008
  7. Most people just don’t get it, we have the New Economy and that is global economy not USA economy, so think about the huge companies that making fortunes investing all over the world China, India… Not just USA.
    If you wan to get deeper in to it you should learn about the final goal and that is New World Order.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...536&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=8

#37     May 6, 2008
  8. Options are for playing for me, not for my investing. I have considered buying a bunch of DXD to hedge, but being married I have to take into consideration that my wife said no way. I'm still trying to convince her that that's an option but if not, then getting out is the other option.

As for trying to get 60% returns, I'm not that good nor am I that greedy. I'm very happy with over 25% in about 2.5 years whether or not it beats the indices, although I think it does.

Like I said, I just would really hate to see a huge drop and everything around me is making me nervous.

#38     May 6, 2008
  9. Hindsight is 20/20.

What can you move to today to make those kinds of returns?

#39     May 6, 2008
  10. This is really scary to me. Go look at SPX in the mid 90's and even some parts of this decade, 5 point daily ranges for months on end. Trading the Index futures will really suck ass. GULP! :eek:

#40     May 6, 2008