Why isn't McCain using Jeremiah Wright in his attack ads?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Aug 31, 2008.

1. cuz69

cuz69

I agree totally, because the media is based on Liberal views(i.e. freedom of speech)but they take it and run with it.......Too Far IMO. Amost every news channel you watch, with maybe the exception of FOX is obviously swayed towards the Dems!

#11     Sep 1, 2008
  2. GG:
    Who’s Jesus to you?

(He laughs nervously)

OBAMA:
    Right.
    Jesus is an historical figure for me, and he’s also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher.

And he’s also a wonderful teacher. I think it’s important for all of us, of whatever faith, to have teachers in the flesh and also teachers in history.

http://falsani.blogspot.com/2008/04/barack-obama-2004-god-factor-interview.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Historical Jesus (From Wikipedia)

Criticism of reconstructing a historical Jesus

Critics variously attack the historical reconstruction of Jesus as either a monumental distortion of Jesus' true identity and ministry or as ascribing historical status to a fictional character.

[edit] Christian criticism
    In The Screwtape Letters, C. S. Lewis had a demon explain: "The Historical Point of View, put briefly, means that when a learned man is presented with any statement in an ancient author, the one question he never asks is whether it is true".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this idea must be used by us to encourage once again the conception of a "historical Jesus" to be found by clearing away later "accretions and perversions" and then to be contrasted with the whole Christian tradition. In the last generation we promoted the construction of such a "historical Jesus" on liberal and humanitarian lines; we are now putting forward a new "historical Jesus" on Marxian, catastrophic, and revolutionary lines. The advantages of these constructions, which we intend to change every thirty years or so, are manifold.

Screwtape Letter XXIII

#12     Sep 1, 2008
  3. Olbermann is even further to the left than O'reilly is to the right. I find it sort of interesting to see either guy since they are so obvious.

But why do they have to yell? Although O'reilly was the first I believe, Olbermann takes it to a whole new level. He sounds like O'Reilly for 60 minutes straight. Every day!

#13     Sep 1, 2008
  4. Therefore it is unnecessary for a prince to have all the good qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always to observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and to be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

For this reason a prince ought to take care that he never lets anything slip from his lips that is not replete with the above-named five qualities, that he may appear to him who sees and hears him altogether merciful, faithful, humane, upright, and religious. There is nothing more necessary to appear to have than this last quality, inasmuch as men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, because it belongs to everybody to see you, to few to come in touch with you.

CHAPTER XVIII

Concerning The Way In Which Princes Should Keep Faith

from The Prince
    by Nicolo Machiavelli

http://www.constitution.org/mac/prince18.htm

#14     Sep 1, 2008
  5. The new testament is a monumental distortion of my identity and ministry...reconstructed to fit within old testament theology bent to fit a Pharisee-like framework.

Rather, the cross is a parody pointing to the truth about the genesis of the world, contradicting biblical genesis myth. But God cannot be attacked and killed, hence, the resurrection: a parody of waking from a deep sleep in which death seemed to overtake Life like a nightmare. As such, I carried the whole world on my shoulders, meaning, my truth is everyone's truth:

Everyone comes from heaven.
    Everyone has sacrificed heaven to gain the whole world.
    Everyone was born to die.
    Everyone is crucified in some form or fashion or another, daily.
    Everyone is dead, existing entombed.
    Everyone is really the Son of God...now, always.
    Everyone is innocent - holy - despite contravening appearances.
    Everyone will rise from the "dead", roll away the stone that blocks the truth, and return to our Father.

We will awaken at different times from time...but we will ascend together - as one - leaving nothing behind: Time, limitations, images, forms, change, insanity, sin, confusion, conflict, death, hate, judgment, pain, and suffering. These are nothing. There is one Son, and he will return home, the same as before he left: One, free, holy.

Jesus

#15     Sep 3, 2008