Why isn't McCain using Jeremiah Wright in his attack ads?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Aug 31, 2008.

1. All McCain has to do is play the clips of Wright saying " US KKK of A" "The jews bombed the WTC" "The govt created aids to kill off blacks"

Then state that this is the guy who obama has gone to for spiritual guidance for 20 years on top of him baptizing his kids.

Slam dunk. Game over.

2. Mercor

Mercor

The Rev has a book coming out in OCT.

McCain may not need to run any ads...lol

3. Everyone knows the Wright story by now and has moved on.

I don't think Wright is publishing anything soon:

According to Wright's daughter, Jeri, however, she reached her father in Ghana, which is about as far from Chicago's South Side and U.S. TV cameras as anyone can get. There, she said, he has poor e-mail access but denied nonetheless the existence of such a book.

Jeri Wright told Essence.com, "I asked him if he was writing and he said, 'Nope. I'm not publishing anything. I'm not going on any book tours.'" New York magazine even published an online correction.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/08/wright-surprise.html

A multi-page thread is here if anyone is extremely interested.
    The story was way back in the spring, ancient history.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=222489

4. The Obama's ads show McCain hugging Hagee and Parsley, and their equally incindiary quotes.

Not sure if that really accomplishes much, unless McCain wants scorched Earth.

"But what Hagee believes could turn out to be a problem for McCain, if the reaction over the past few days is any indication. As CBS News' Dante Higgins points out, Catholic leaders asked McCain to distance himself from Hagee over anti-Catholic comments such as calling the Catholic Church "The Great Whore."

McCain responded to a question on the issue today by saying that while he is "very proud of the Pastor John Hagee’s spiritual leadership to thousands of people and I am proud of his commitment to the independence and the freedom of the state of Israel," it "does not mean that I support or endorse or agree with some of the things that Pastor John Hagee might have said or positions that he may have taken on other issues."

5. The McCain camp will remind the public about Wright in the coming weeks.

If they do not, they deserve to lose.

6. Since the subject of where Obama went to hear sermons
    has come up...one could comment that he has no definite
    beliefs of any sort. He says he's a Christian, then he'll
    say something that confirms he isn't.

Excerpts of an interview with him below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I’m rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is something that I’m sure I’d have serious debates with my fellow Christians about. I think that the difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and prostelytize. There’s the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people haven’t embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that they're going to hell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

GG:
    Do you believe in heaven?

OBAMA:
    Do I believe in the harps and clouds and wings?

GG:
    A place spiritually you go to after you die?

OBAMA:
    What I believe in is that if I live my life as well as I can, that I will be rewarded. I don’t presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus is an historical figure for me...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that, particularly as somebody who’s now in the public realm and is a student of what brings people together and what drives them apart, there’s an enormous amount of damage done around the world in the name of religion and certainty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(All above quotes from link below.)

http://falsani.blogspot.com/2008/04/barack-obama-2004-god-factor-interview.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you've read this far have you???? Now the C.S. Lewis
    must begin. (S.Szpak) >>>>>>>>>>>>>

The "Historical Jesus" then, however dangerous he may seem to be to us at some particular point, is always to be encouraged. About the general connection between Christianity and politics, our position is more delicate. Certainly we do not want men to allow their Christianity to flow over into their political life, for the establishment of anything like a really just society would be a major disaster. On the other hand we do want, and want very much, to make men treat Christianity as a means; preferably, of course, as a means to their own advancement, but, failing that, as a means to anything—...

Screwtape Letter XXIII

http://members.fortunecity.com/phantom1/books2/c._s._lewis_-_the_screwtape_letters.htm

P.S. Screwtape is a fictional high level demon that wrote letters
    to a lower level demon as instruction. The letters cover
    many aspects of Christianity.

7. That's from Ghandi's quote.

And this quote is offensively taken out of context that clearly you are trying to be dishonest and lie to people.

OBAMA: Right. Jesus is an historical figure for me, and he’s also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher.

Additionally, if your criteria for not choosing a leader is that he isn't sufficiently religious, rather than choosing on policies and skill, you get the crappy leadership that you deserve.

8. cuz69

cuz69

Don't forget his ties to Wiliam Ayers and his own wife denouncing the US.
    I mean these people are Anti-Americans, and the Democratic Party had the balls to nominate this prick,not to mention the ignoramusses that would actually go and vote for this asshole.
    Real love of your country.
    :confused: :confused:

9. The democrat party is controlled by the sort of far left activist nutcases who post on huffington and dailykos and watch Olbermann. Their only hope of winning elections is to conspire with the mainstream media to hide how radical they are.

10. Excerpts of an interview with him below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I’m rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's from Ghandi's quote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus is an historical figure for me...

And this quote is offensively taken out of context that clearly you are trying to be dishonest and lie to people.

OBAMA: Right. Jesus is an historical figure for me, and he’s also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher.

Additionally, if your criteria for not choosing a leader is that he isn't sufficiently religious, rather than choosing on policies and skill, you get the crappy leadership that you deserve.

============================================

(new message from stephenszpak starts here>>>>>

Obama saying that there are many paths to the same place
    is totally opposed to what Jesus said. He said He is the way.
    There are no other ways. Obama said that God would never
    send a Hindu child to Hell.

Obama: I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell.
    I can’t imagine that my God would allow some little Hindu kid in India who never interacts with the Christian faith to somehow burn for all eternity.
    That’s just not part of my religious makeup.

As far as you replying about Ghandi, I don't know if Obama
    mentioned Ghandi(??).

Obama said Jesus is a historical figure. Well, one could say
    every famous person was, so what was his point?

The link to the entire interview was provided if anyone needed
    to read it all. (And view it in 'context'.)

Obama, and just about every politician knows he has to say
    he is a Christian or he won't get elected. For Obama to make
    such a big deal about his so-called faith in God, etc. and then
    say just the opposite in the same interview is unacceptable.

Him supporting abortion is the tell all really. Heck the guy said
    he doesn't know when life begins.

This is one of things that is above his pay grade. These are
    his words:
    Obama: "Whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity is, you know, above my pay grade."

Comments on Obama: Strangely, though, while Obama claimed that the question was above his pay grade, legislating in areas in which it must be answered never seemed to be. Why, he never shrank from making policy or pronouncements regarding abortion. He never said, "I'm, uh, sorry, but this issue is, uh, above my pay grade; I'll have to withhold judgment and, uh, recuse myself from votes." Nor did he take the logical, compassionate and humane default position, which is to say that since I don't know whether this being is human, I'll err on the side of caution. I won't allow him to be killed. Instead, whenever Obama was called to weigh in, there was never any question as to where he stood: Shoulder to shoulder with the most radical elements of the pro-abortion lobby. And, as with them, we have to wonder not about when Obama believes human life begins, but whether he believes in the human right to life at all.

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/duke/080827

I know EXACTLY when Obama believes in his heart that life
    begins. At voting age.

There are a number of things above Obama's pay grade.

Suggestions I've since lately:

10. Understanding Christian doctrine.
    8. Loyalty.
    4. Pro-American assertions.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/08/ten_things_above_obamas_pay_gr.html

He said he was a citizen of the United States, oh yes, and of
    the world too. He said this to avoid being thought of as
    pro-American.

Speaking to non-Americans:

I come to Berlin as so many of my countrymen have come before. Tonight, I speak to you not as a candidate for President, but as a citizen - a proud citizen of the United States, and a fellow citizen of the world.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/24/obama.words/

#10     Sep 1, 2008