Why isn't Madoff committing suicide, he lost the MOST

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Anti-Hurst, Dec 23, 2008.

1. did anyone check if this guy gave money to recent campaigns?

it would be interesting.

btw, madoff is jewish. It is a sin to commit suicide in judaism. he will go straight to hell if he does. so he has a choice: hell here or hell up there.

#21     Dec 25, 2008
  2. don't mess with the russians even those who are poor:

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSL18489146

#22     Dec 25, 2008
  3. this is exactly what I am talking about

I know of a father returning from Georgian front

to find his son failed in school math class, he took his guns and hand granades and went to ask WHO DARES fail the son of a war hero

talk about crazy eh

#23     Dec 25, 2008
  4. ipatent

ipatent

I doubt that he is very religious. But he is a sociopath, and they rarely kill themselves, it is all about #1.

#24     Dec 25, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Gee... if we had that attitude in the US, we wouldn't have a president, a Federal Reserve, nor a congress...

#25     Dec 25, 2008
  6. This is a Jewish thing and they can live with it! That's why it's not getting too much press as it should like God forbid had it been a Christian who had milked others for 50 BIG B's...like the Enron thing whose people got hanged by the Balls!
    Mad... will be OK and will live to write about it.

#26     Dec 25, 2008
  7. zdreg

zdreg

the question is would the United States be better off?

many people believe that the Federal Reserve is nothing but an engine of inflation.
    The US didn't have a Federal Reserve till the 20th century and did quite well.

there is an old saying about the US congress.
    the only time the country is safe is when congress is is not in session.

#27     Dec 25, 2008
  8. telozo

telozo

Right on. I remember that poor worldcom guy, grilled for a 10000 umbrella stand and a birthday party in greece, and the newspapers went on and on for weeks.
    On the other hand, who would entrust a christian with their money :D

#28     Dec 25, 2008
  9. I think you mean Dennis Kozlowski of Tyco. He threw his wife a birthday party on Sardinia (Roman Togas) and pawned half of the cost off onto the company - among other things.

Not surprising his wife filed for divorce once he was jailed and unable to provide the lifestyle to which she had become accustomed...

Madoff seems to suffer from a need for attention - attention as a genius innovator (electronic brokerage) and then attention/admiration as a genius investor (though apparently, fraudulent). If anything, he used his position in the Jewish community to attract wealthy Jewish "clients" - again, probably for the attention.

Though he is getting a different kind of attention now, I'm not so sure he cares, as long as he gets it. And if he has to trade fame for infamy, he might be ok with that too.

Meanwhile he gets to suffer the confines of his Park Ave apartment. That's got to be rough....

#29     Dec 25, 2008
  10. spinn

spinn

But the Jewish people do not view the stealing of money from friends as a sin?

Help me understand this.........

To me it looks like the Jewish people admire this man, who steals from people.

#30     Dec 25, 2008