Why isn't Madoff committing suicide, he lost the MOST

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Anti-Hurst, Dec 23, 2008.

1. I knew a guy like him. Screwed his family and friends, associates mercilessly, for maybe 3 to 5 million. Makes me happy to know he went to jail for 3 years, lost his wife and most of his family, now living in a medicaid nursing home. Quite unhappy. By not regretful, not one bit - except that he got caught.

#11     Dec 23, 2008
  2. you bet. one time I knew this extremely beautiful and SMART russian young woman, she was going to med school

and she liked me too, cause I showed I was smart too

I wanted to make a move, but her boyfriend would make it very "difficult" for me for sure.

#12     Dec 23, 2008
  3. Isn't Madoff a geriatric? Old people do not off themselves (unless in pain and very sick..) he will die anyway of natural causes....

#13     Dec 24, 2008
  4. Ken Lay died of a "heart attack", or so we're told.

#14     Dec 24, 2008
  5. You mean current or ex-mob kingpin.

#15     Dec 24, 2008
  6. If I were the son of a Madoff and having been in the business for so long I believe I would have said something along the lines of "Dad, being that you are managing large sums for clients including charities, endowments and retirees don't you think we should insert a custodial role here? How's about a prime broker that's trully at arm's length, a brand name auditor? Just for the right appearances huh dad?."

"Uh, no way you say? Why not?"

The sons may or may not be guilty under the law but experienced people on these boards don't buy it I'm sure.

Anyway I'm on the beach in Mexico as I type. I should be drinking a Margherita and not thinking about this.

And indeed, there's my wife calling : )

#16     Dec 24, 2008
  7. you don't understand eastern europeans, they take everything personally, especially MONEY

yes there are ex-mob guys now turned legit investors

but ordinary eastern european you don't want to screw either

they come and they kill you,

I am Canadian, but I have roots from over there, and if you RUIN MY LIFE

YOU ARE DEAD

#17     Dec 24, 2008
  8. will join you soon in manzanillo :)

#18     Dec 24, 2008
  9. Hmmmm, Internet works there on the beach????

Maybe its a place for me to go with the family as I never stop working eiither.....

#19     Dec 24, 2008
  10. telozo

telozo

Why kill self when in couple a years he will get a presidential pardon for all the money he and his sons will contribute to the democrats/republicans. I say his timing was a little off, he just missed the first round of pardons by a bit.

#20     Dec 24, 2008