Why isn't IB up here defending themselves?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by drcha, Aug 14, 2019.

1. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Is the beta for internal testing only or can outsiders give it a go?

#51     Aug 15, 2019
  2. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

The version 6 beta 3B is available to download from our website: https://www.motivewave.com/download.htm and the version that includes the custom hot keys for placing orders will also be publicly available once they finish coding and testing it internally.

#52     Aug 15, 2019
    MattZ likes this.
  3. Zor_Champ

Zor_Champ

HI Leigh,
    I'm looking at alternatives for TWS to use with IB as well. MotiveWave looks pretty neat. on top of my head the only thing missing that I need is ConnorsRSI indicator since I use it quite frequently. note TWS already has CRSI but I can't work with their charts in RT, it makes my eyes bleed. any chance you guys could add it in the next version(s)? currently I use tradingview for charting but it has too many quirks and random nonsense.
    calculation example:
    https://www.tradingview.com/wiki/Connors_RSI_(CRSI)#CALCULATION

Thanks in advance!

#53     Aug 15, 2019
  4. These guys sell your information to hedge funds or their AI to trade against traders. Nothing illegal about it. cause that is what you sign up for.especially if you borrow money from or trade on margin

#54     Aug 15, 2019
  5. these guys or brokers have previlleged information. and reason commission are so 'cheap' all there customes or high volume traders and they are not interested in people who don't trade, they lose money on inactive long term investors. who make money.

#55     Aug 15, 2019
  6. Of course is GC not the cause of any issues with TWS. It's totally unrelated. One can write code where there is almost zero GC. All holding structures and collections can be initialized beforehand and during runtime it is mostly about updating variables and collections/arrays. I am willing to put my hand into the fire that none of the issues have any relationship to GC.

#56     Aug 15, 2019
    traderslair likes this.
  7. An additional point which is of high value to me is the fact that each account is a multi-currency account. I trade products in multiple currencies and having them all combined in one account makes for a very clear overview.

#57     Aug 16, 2019
    ET180, Maverick2608 and MattZ like this.
  8. And yeah, the interest is nice. I had a PDT lock on my account for a couple of weeks. I couldn't figure out why I seemed to have an extra $40 or so in my account the other day, when I went to transfer some more money into it. Happened once or twice before... unexplained small increase in my account. Then I found out that they actually pay interest on money not in play. Sweet. Not that it really makes a difference... small amount and all, but it is a nice touch nonetheless.

#58     Aug 16, 2019
  9. Of course it makes a huge difference, not a small one. 1.6% per annum or so on USD balances. For large accounts it makes a huge difference.

#59     Aug 16, 2019
    ET180 and Maverick2608 like this.
  10. I agree. Just a tip: IB said they were going to launch debit cards in Europe by the end of 2018, but that did not happen (maybe because of Brexit). However, as you noted, you can for a modest commission buy, sell and hold almost any currency in your IB account and transfer the currency to Revolut and spend that currency when you travel the world using Revolut's debit card - close to frictionless/no transaction costs.

For comparison, Citibank also offers a multi-currency account. You would think that means you can do the same, i.e. hold and spend any currency at almost no transaction costs. In reality I found out it costs 2,75% to spend money and even though you already hold a specifik currency - say Swedish kroner (SEK) - Citibank exchanges from SEK to GBP and then back again to SEK at their own exchange rate making it incredibly expensive to spend money in other currencies.

In this respect I believe we owe the financial disruption led by companies like IB, Revolut and others a big thank you.

#60     Aug 16, 2019
    GregorySG9 and GRULSTMRNN like this.