Why isn't anyone scared?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, Jul 27, 2007.

Are you scared of the current market drop?

1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. No.

52 vote(s)
    89.7%
  1. Excellent questione, Bingodude. If one is a daytrader, could there be anything better than these past few days? If you're not a daytrader or worse you don't know what it is that you are doing in the market, then indeed it is bery, bery, scary. Obstinate swing traders might also find these past few days stimulating.

lj

#21     Jul 27, 2007
  2. limbo

limbo

Piezoe this is my first comment in many a year and let me tell u a quick story. A while back I met this fellow at a bar- he seemed to have $ but i noticed he was reticent to speak of the way in which he got rich. Finally several days later meeting him again I got his trust and he was involved in a boiler room thing. Hmm I was really curious so i said --dude listen i can sell really well--let me take a shot. Several weeks later I get a call come down to, I think Hanover SQuare, in NYC and check it out. OK--I follow instructions--It was early summer i believe and i see a bunch of people hanging out where i was--sure enough at 8am some kind of eurotrash shit head directs us all into this condo--quickly desks are set up and market tv is on loud. About nine people- all kinds- take out their cards and lists and start calling people--my interview guy never showed so the 2nd in command told me just to watch. Here's what I saw--the lists appeared to have names for easy marks-well tested I'm sure- -mostly midwest for sure--and ALMOST ALL ELDERLY FOLK for certain--I didn't have to ask why because I know the answer-- as do U. These people --hard working--were no match for these "smooth guys". I thought to myself--isn't that nice stealing from the lower middle class elderly--now I'm no angel my friend--this is for sure- but heisting the elderly was clearly not my bag--I detest the thought--although I'd rob u blind. Mr. X did call me on the Tel--"sorry i could not make it but u know what pitch me now-clearly a process he uses to test all new "sellers". I think I did a smashing job and he hired me--no- I never showed up. I went home feeling sick to my stomach-It's like deer hunting-give the deer a gun and I'm all for the sport. Think about it my friend.----limbo

#22     Jul 27, 2007
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Limbo, what is there to say in response to your post, except perhaps "INDEED"?

Perhaps we fall into three catagories, those who consciously steal from the naive, those who subconsciously steal, and those who refuse to steal. I am a not too proud member of the most-populous central catagory. It is my hope that some day i will wake up and realize that enough is enough, and with little fanfare, reposition myself firmly in the last catagory.

So,
    INDEED!

#23     Jul 29, 2007
  4. I'm scared to be short the ES @ 1458

#24     Jul 29, 2007
  5. If you had been a marsupial you wouldn't had to hide that watch, that uncomfortable piece of metal, up your ass for five years. :p

#25     Jul 29, 2007
  6. You mention Bush 3 or 4 times in a trading forum. You got a chubby for 'em or what?

#26     Jul 29, 2007
  7. topdown

topdown

LOL - I'm glad somebody finally got it.:D

#27     Jul 29, 2007