Why is trading so difficult?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by padutrader, May 7, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

yep it was joke......nothing serious like you said
    that is why i did not report it.

#31     May 8, 2018
    tomorton likes this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

i
    you cannot teach a old dog new tricks.....i have been at it for 10 years in day trading and 25 years in technical analysis but my execution skills are a problem
    also i do not want to trade longer term because i need the excitement and occupation on a daily basis. i am 61 years old and am not sure how long i can continue so i just trade small for fun.i am a pensioner who loses a little of the pension every month to have fun
    so it is really nice for all of you to help me but.....

#32     May 8, 2018
  3. Because you are essentially trying to guess the future. Unlike the stock market, most other markets (e.g. commodities, forex) don't have a long term bullish bias. The further away you deviate from 0%, the more unlikely it is.

#33     May 8, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

i have seen i always have the right idea in trading but invariably the market gives some price action which changes my mind and i change my bias.
    i think the main problem is deciding time frame.
    this price action is valid for which time frame?

there is always price action which is noise and deciding what is noise and what is not noise,in the context of the time frame you are trading is the critical part: what is noise to a 4 hourly trader is a bull market to a 5 min trader.
    if you do not know this you will be like me.So i have to focus on this aspect because my chart reading is not bad

#34     May 8, 2018
  5. tomorton

tomorton

But you are doing so badly when you could be doing so much better. You could have more money, which enables you to have a more pleasant life and have more fun. You could surely find something more fun than daytrading. Day-trading is not the only way, and may be not the best way, to fill your hours.

#35     May 8, 2018
  6. padutrader

padutrader

yes that is true

#36     May 8, 2018
  7. padutrader

padutrader

that is why i am continue to learn; this forum has really helped because i am for the first time in my life interacting with good traders.
    we have to decide what time frame we want to be because then and only then you can decide what is noise or not noise.

#37     May 8, 2018
  8. tomorton

tomorton

Your spirit is positive, but you are not learning, you are just reading.

#38     May 8, 2018
  9. schweiz

schweiz

All people who fail in TA tell this.
    Just like all people who cannot read tell that reading does not work.

#39     May 8, 2018
    Sprout, Muffhands, Xela and 3 others like this.
  10. padutrader

padutrader

i think i have learned a lot in this forum in less a than a month

#40     May 8, 2018
    fullautotrading likes this.