Why is trading so difficult?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by padutrader, May 7, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

discretionary may give license to gamble!!! and over trade.

#21     May 8, 2018
  2. padutrader

padutrader

thanks you have a heart so much effort into this post i have to save it and go through it

#22     May 8, 2018
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

You couldn't pass the psychological barrier, simple as it is. Lots of people can't.

The good news is that with professional help/using a mentoree you might be able to do. Another way around the problem is full automatization, if your strategy can be programmed.

The bad news is that some people never be able to get over the stress and required patience and you can waste another 10-20 years before finally you gave up. Chances are you are in this group, because you are approaching the 25 years mark....

#23     May 8, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

thanks guys for the fantastic help

this forum is a great place to be and meet like minded traders

#24     May 8, 2018
  5. padutrader

padutrader

yeah what you say maybe right....i am way too greedy i take too big positions

#25     May 8, 2018
  6. demo/sim is much different then live trading. When you "profit" in a demo account you are not actually taking money from somebody else account. When you are trading live, and you profit, you are actually taking money from someone else account and putting it into yours. Its very difficult to do. Think of trading as a battle between you and the others. The winner takes the money. When yo think of it like this, you realize that you are up against the smartest, sneakiest, strongest, ruthless people in the world that will not let you take their money and will always end up winning in the end .

#26     May 8, 2018
    comagnum and padutrader like this.
  7. For me it was finding a ratio between how much i make vs leverage i use, when i pull the trigger.In other words, you should make enough and, at the same time, risk less, in order to sustain(mentally). More like psychological issue, than technical or fundamental/sim or real.

#27     May 8, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  8. themickey

themickey

I think traderGOD mispelt his username, try traderDOG next time.

#28     May 8, 2018
    alfa8 and Van_der_Voort_4 like this.
  9. padutrader

padutrader

you may be right and i will try that but i am not sure you can change your username

but this forum is a place for discussion NOT a place to state facts :D

but seriously this is not the place to make personal remarks and certainly not the place to make insulting personal remarks.

i think it would do your stature as a trader and a human being, a world of good if you refrain from making such inhuman remarks.I am assuming that you are a Human being and not some lesser creature worse than a dog who is man's best friend

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    #29     May 8, 2018
  10. tomorton

tomorton

Take it easy traderGOD. "Dog" (and dogs generally) doesn't have the negative meaning it does in some societies and cultures, perhaps including yours. In my part of the world it can be a term of admiration, though slightly critical, for men who have lots of female partners. Either way, I don't believe anything really serious was intended, just some word-play.

Maybe more relevant to this forum, "dog" can mean any stock which performs very badly against its peer group. Look up "dogs of the Dow" for more on this.

Back to trading - are you surely thinking you need a defined and standardised strategy with which to try to improve your trading? If you can't define and measure what you are doing, how would you know what to change? And by how much? And how would you know whether it was the right thing to change anyway?

#30     May 8, 2018
    padutrader likes this.