Why is this market so dead? Have you all gone broke?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by clearinghouse, Sep 10, 2012.

1. zdreg

zdreg

that is 2.32 posts/day.obviously among other traits you are mathematically challenged.

with clubber's jock in your mouth it is quite understandable.
    guys like the two you always manage to find each other. .
    congrats. another two whiners have joined forces.

#31     Sep 11, 2012
  2. So I tell you to "get off my jock", and you respond with "jock in your mouth".

You really are pathetic.

At least try your own comeback instead of plagiarizing the guy who meat hooked you, Scrub.

#32     Sep 11, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

one has proven to be mathematically challenged. the other one has proven himself to be verbally challenged. look up the word plagiarize. before posting in the future look up any word that has more than 5 letters.

#33     Sep 12, 2012
  4. Definition of PLAGIARIZE
    transitive verb
    : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
    --------------

Exactly what you did.

Keep lobbing them up there mook. I'll keep slamming them back at you.

#34     Sep 12, 2012
  5. bonds

bonds

i dont think thats true, the HFT trader i know personally says his algorithm loves the low volatilty markets, its the high volatility days when his algorithm doesnt do well.

BTW he hasnt had a losing day in over 2 years and he is doing extremely well in this market.

He also told me he believes HFT is responsible for over 90% of the market volume currently.

#35     Sep 12, 2012
  6. zdreg

zdreg

look up the word exactly and your dribble is shown for what it is.
    keep clubbing your imaginary lang with the help of your ET assistant.

#36     Sep 12, 2012
  7. Low volatility with low volume is bad. Low volatility with high volume is good for HFT. There's a sweet spot in there.

The guy you know must have really good infrastructure to keep making money in this market if the volume isn't affecting him.

#37     Sep 12, 2012
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There's a direct relationship between the amount of money put into the markets by investors to trading volume. I do remember reading some statistics early in the year and then a few months afterwards that there has been a record amount of money pulled out of the markets by investors and the article said it was expected to continue as such for the remainder of the year.

In fact, in all the years I've been involved, whenever I read that investors was putting money into the markets...trading volume was increasing and whenever money was being pulled out of the markets by investors...trading volume was decreasing.

So yeah, folks are hiding their cash. :D

#38     Sep 12, 2012
  9. Should be PLENTY of movement tomorrow. May even sit this one out...

#39     Sep 12, 2012
  10. Bob111

Bob111

man....low low volume..tight range..looks like that QE to infinity and beyond priced in already

#40     Sep 18, 2012