Why is this market incapable of crashing??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spanish89, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ForAPlus

ForAPlus

So you are long... right?

#51     Jul 11, 2012

2. No, as i have extremy bad luck, (plus i will only ever make a trade that is logical and makes logical sense).

And so i know that the second cash in my Vix long, and revert to a dow long that the markets will all crash knowing my luck! ;)
    +
    Theres no logical reasons or sense to go long at this current price base.

I am planning on going long Crude Oil next at the 75/76usd level if market can get down to there next week though.

As a long from that price, and after a very fast steep drop down to that level would then be a very logical trade. :)

#52     Jul 11, 2012
  3. I don't know what your time horizon is, but if you daytrade like me, you gotta throw this notion out the door that price is "too high" or "too low". The big market movers set the tone, our job as smaller participants is to follow their lead. If PA is dictating price going "too high", so be it. You make money by buying and selling higher or selling and buying lower. All the other noise is irrelevant (your opinion, talking heads etc etc).

Of course, I'm speaking just from a daytrading perspective. I certainly respect overnight risk and stay away most of them time.

#53     Jul 11, 2012
  4. I think that my favorite feature of my trading models (which are for intraday trading, but can lead to overnight holds) is that they rarely give counter-trend signals once a strong multi-week trend emerges. When Crude was declining in mid-April and throughout May, I got 15 consecutive short signals before I got a single long signal. Same with the Euro (13 out of 17 trades were shorts). From mid-February to the end of March, I only had 1 short signal on the ES. Those are somewhat extreme stretches of signals in only one direction, but they are so valuable in my perspective because I'm not struggling to fight the trend, which means I'm relaxed, and I'm not taking losses against my equity fighting losing battles, which means my account can maintain its gains. It is my position that if you are sufficiently detailed in your market analysis, you will not find a rationale for going counter-trend during those kinds of moves. Obviously, it's different for a pure scalper, but that's not me.

Was I ever worried during those stretches that I would be wrong in continually trading in the direction of the signals just because price was "too low" or "too high"? No way because I built my model to be sensitive to something completely different than any notion of "too high" or "too low". It's irrelevant. And I say that as someone who does hold overnight on occasion, if price action tells me there might be a little more left in the trade.

#54     Jul 11, 2012
  5. I agree. Plenty of trending markets in both directions.

#55     Jul 11, 2012
  6. fking punk idiot is rooting for the world to end.... what a negative, foolish, chump loser !And why? So he can make some money while everyone else is into the toilet in their investment and retirement accounts.

F-U Punk!

lol

#56     Jul 11, 2012
  7. timcar

timcar

Market has seems to have "Crash" from 7-12-12 too me

#57     Nov 15, 2012
  8. Look at high dividend stocks. Not quite time yet, but there is definitely opportunity starting to show up in them thar parts.

#58     Nov 15, 2012
  9. yes, I just put some money in VGITX (not sure about that symbol) The Vanguard dividend growth fund.

Not sure about the timing, the market is high with no correction, and they are talking about raising dividends to ordinary income.

Oh well, what the heck else am I going to do? You got a better idea?

These are treacherous times. When I started trading forex, I started realizing how much I was making or losing every day in cash.

Money Market is just a polite word for being Long USD.

#59     Nov 15, 2012
  10. AAPL is paying 4x LIBOR!

#60     Nov 15, 2012