Why is this market going higher??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by myminitrading, Aug 2, 2006.

1. I was long then short........they were both pain free. :p

In trading, "no pain equals a lot more gain" :D

#21     Aug 2, 2006
  2. i can empathize with you man. reality is coming. personally i've just been working on systematically defining highs in the meantime, and scaling in short at shock and awe highs with a little patience has been rewarding

#22     Aug 2, 2006
  3. ============
    MminiTrader;
    Dont overweight fundamentals;
    its NOT FUN that way:cool:
    Keep it fun, dont overweight fundamentals like you did.

Also first day/week of month tends to be bullish;
    weak rally for sure [see august 1st candle,ES YM closed a bit lower, despite eod rally]:cool:

ESpecially dont overweight CNBC news like quote''Bird flu for sure, pandemic'';not only are many predictions wrong just read a another report by a medical Dr, bird flu probably a non event.[Not a prediction:D ]

#23     Aug 2, 2006
  4. well i guess i was right
    they were fucking with me ( short 1 es 2 ym ) shoook me scared me tried to screw me and then rewarded me :)( was short all the way to 1280 :) )
    never go with the news casue 95% of the pll will be doing that
    israel hurrinace oil is all bullshit and manuplitating
    so just go with the Hi and low

#24     Aug 2, 2006
  5. Looks like an island reversal on major stock indices.

#25     Aug 3, 2006
  6. Tums

Tums

"But not even a world war can keep the stock market from being a bull market when conditions are bullish, a bear market when conditions are bearish. And all a man needs to know to make money is to appraise conditions."

Edwin Lefevre
    Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (pg.61)

#26     Aug 3, 2006
  7. Today is a classic jam the futures day with little underlying movement in the issues. In case anyone hasnt realized the market is really just concerned with liquidity and nothing else. Its easy to do 5000 futures and jam this crap higher. its been this way for years now.

#27     Aug 3, 2006
  8. cramer is right that everything is just etfed and indexed to death. The trading is really more dominant than whats behind it. I guess thats why exchange stocks have done so well.

#28     Aug 3, 2006
  9. MminiT;
    Nice bull trends, bear trends today/intraday,,& past week;
    ES,SPY closed below 5 day resistance:cool:

#29     Aug 8, 2006
  10. this is getting so boring. Stocks should be glad that oil and energy is high because it is the only think holding the spoos up. I love this csco nonsense after the close.

#30     Aug 8, 2006