Why is this bad?

Discussion in 'Options' started by TradingPilot, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Interesting how this position is still not at a profit, the IV just isn't going down as fast as I would expect it to. Next trip down to 130 should show a profit though.

#11     Nov 29, 2007
  2. Are you trading it also?

I Think im only gonna see the money at expiration on this one the IV is to high right now and if the if the IV goes down it probably means the dow is gonna slowly but surely bust right through my short call.

I entered a vertical on the SPY also in case the markets rally to the upside.

#12     Nov 29, 2007
  3. you need IV to drop and more time decay so with 3+weeks to go, it is going to take more time to see any positive profit.

#13     Nov 29, 2007
  4. Yes....I entered it after I read your post, just before the market closed. I did only 1 contract with the plan of doing 10 contracts based on the outcome of this live test. So far I don't like the outcome, 1 week of exposure and still at a loss even after what I would consider a good week.

[​IMG]
    DIA Iron Condor - PnL minus 13.65 as of November 29

#14     Nov 29, 2007
  5. Im still feeling good about it.

Good thing we are only risking a small amount right :)

#15     Nov 29, 2007
  6. Hopefully DELL will drag the market down tomorrow. :)

#16     Nov 29, 2007
  7. I want a BIGGG DROP lol!!!

#17     Nov 29, 2007
  8. PnL is minus $13.65 at this point, almost the same since it was opened. Not worth 1 week of risk in my opinion, maybe a 3 week DIA Iron Condor would be better than 4 weeks.

#18     Nov 29, 2007
  9. Things are shaping up today. I'm still happy with the trade.

#19     Nov 30, 2007
  10. segv

segv

You must let go of the trade, for only then will you have control. Have patience, Grasshopper. The market is not a puzzle, only something that you do not yet understand.

#20     Nov 30, 2007