Why is there so much contempt on these boards?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nofear777, Jan 4, 2010.

1. l2tradr

l2tradr

Top right, click on Your Account, then Edit Ignore List, then type TraderZones then click Update List. :cool:

#11     Jan 4, 2010
  2. #12     Jan 4, 2010
  3. l2tradr

l2tradr

#13     Jan 4, 2010
  4. My "IGNORE" list grows weekly.

#14     Jan 4, 2010
  5. I appreciate the comments on here and have hope of some enjoyment of a quality community.

I would not have been here much longer anyway due to the intensity of disciplines required this year for trading ... but I had hoped to be able to chat with nice people constructively here during the year.

With some of the foul dregs that I saw stirred up ... well to be honest ... I figured this site might not be fun to revisit.

The sincerity, decency and legitimate care and concern I "feel" from some of you have been an encouragement to stay a bit and revisit.

Thank-you and bless you and have a great Year this year. :)

#15     Jan 4, 2010
  6. This type of flaming has always been around. I remember in the 80s during the days before the internet became well known. They had what they called a BBS which you used a 2400 baud modem to dial into. There was plenty of flaming on those boards. There was also the USENET which had plenty of that too. This is just how the internet was, is and always will be.

There are a few steps they could take around here to make this a more normal atmosphere. The best way is to develop a zero tolerance policy for the obvious troublemakers. Ban their ip addresses and delete their accounts without warning. They will have to keep finding a way around the ip blocker and keep logging back in thereby wasting their time. Make it harder for them and they wont return. If it looks or sounds like trouble, then delete and ban them without warning. If you make a few mistakes, then so be it. Its for the good of the board.

#16     Jan 4, 2010
  7. bstay

bstay

if i put him on ignore, can he still come into the thread i start, to post one-liner nonsense?

#17     Jan 4, 2010
  8. maxpi

maxpi

ET is a kindergarten. For some reason the people that own it never change that. That means it will continue to be the same.

I come here less and less, why strain one's eyes to be insulted by somebody that can only be a shithead on the internet?

I want to find a way to convince these people that they can be just the same in public, then they will get a royal ass whipping and it will have all been worth it...

#18     Jan 4, 2010
  9. Sorry, but there is a lack of programming on this board that prevents us from enforcing it.

#19     Jan 5, 2010
  10. Good thread.

#20     Jan 5, 2010