Why is there no looting in Japan?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 14, 2011.

1. So tell us about the Japanese chicks. I hear they dig american guys, but that could be all bullshit, not sure.

#11     Mar 14, 2011
  2. My point was that if you have a homogenous country with a culture you want to preserve, like Japan has and we used to have, you are crazy to dilute it by allowing in large numbers of people who are encouraged to maintain their own cultures and complain endlessly about being discriminated against.

#12     Mar 14, 2011
  3. Spoken like a white male republican...

#13     Mar 14, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

That's the cart before the horse, imho. Don't marginalize people in your society in the first place, whether they look like you or not, and you'll prevent a lot of problems. This is not merely hypothesis, you can look everywhere and see it to hold true in most cases. Why do you think the CIA even tracks the gini coefficient?

By the way, I did say "largely homogenous", is there any "pure" culture anywhere?

#14     Mar 14, 2011
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I ran a tracking station for the Japanese National Space Agency on a south pacific island for a few years and was only in Japan a few times for a few weeks each time. So kind of a tourist.

I did meet women in Tokyo. I have personally never seen a place with more beautiful women than Kiev or Moscow but Tokyo is way up there on the scale if you like asian girls.

What really blew my mind was the realization that almost every woman you see in Tokyo is single. Married women stay home in the suburbs with little exception. The offices and streets and restaraunts are filled with young single women in Tokyo. I never had to do more than smile at one in an elevator or in a Starbucks to meet them. I probably don't need to say anymore than that. :D

#15     Mar 14, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Ahh yes, the Rape of Nanking. Hadn't thought about that event recently. It was the Chinese though...

#16     Mar 14, 2011
  7. Shagi

Shagi

It's generalisations which are wrong like that statement above. It implies single Japanese women who go out to work are easy meat for westerners but the reality is it refers only to the few bitches he met not not cultured Japanese women whom are the majority.

Same with looting, pillage, rape - every situation is circumstantial largely driven by underlying conditions rather than by results you see on TV.

#17     Mar 14, 2011
  8. I would have thought your tastes ran more towards Sum Yung Boi.:eek: Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Actually I spent some time in Japan myself. Sasebo, Japan to be specific. Back in the day when the conversion rate was 360 yen to the dollar. Had a great time, what I remember of it.:D

#18     Mar 14, 2011
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yikes! Wasn't trying to offend, the guy asked and I thought I kept it clean.

And believe me, I wasn't the predator. I rather felt more like the prey. :)

#19     Mar 14, 2011
  10. pspr

pspr

And I just told my wife that I may have to go to Tokyo for a month to help with the relief effort. Which is it? :D

#20     Mar 14, 2011