Why Is There Even A Debate?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by First Point LLC, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Proves the point... you might as well quit posing the question... you don't get it.

#11     Jan 25, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Doesn't matter, the results FOR HIM are usually the same. LOL

#12     Jan 25, 2013
  3. You mean like my 1000 point trade call on the YM this year? It's nearly 1/2 way there. When you cats are fighting for every tick, I'll just let the Price Drivers guide me while I am sunning my overly fat self on the beach and dining at Boulud's in the Brazillian downstairs. :)

PS--
    Do you live in FLA or just visiting?

#13     Jan 25, 2013
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

There is a debate because there are times of day when the price action becomes just downright silly. When this happens, the day traders become bored and to prevent the consumption of too much vodka or weed, they look for the "TA Doesn't Work" debates to engage their brains (which are at risk of turning completely to mush from the intense focus of the first couple hours of trading).

They know that the fundamentalists, who are building up a position to support their opinion of what price should definitely be doing and are deeply underwater while all these idiots keep [buying, selling], are heavily inebriated and stoned most of the day so they can become closer to God while reciting the Trader's Prayer (Please God, let me get out of this trade break even and I promise never, never, ever to trade without a stop again. Amen.) are quite willing to debate any time of the day and night because they're grumpy and want to release a bit of steam, and so we drop in to contribute to these debates to keeps our minds sharp for the next big intraday move.

#14     Jan 25, 2013
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because Baron pays Surf for making controversial posts, thus generating page views. :)

#15     Jan 25, 2013
  6. Insightful post.

#16     Jan 25, 2013
  7. euclid

euclid

Just pick a side and start hurling insults or you'll never fit in around here.

#17     Jan 25, 2013
  8. Lol

I admit TA works much better when it agrees with capital flows (which "drive" the price, I guess).

I remember the first POMO days. It took me six months of fighting the tape before I stopped reading Zerohedge and just looked at what price was doing, and the habitual injections behind it all. There turned out to be a huge correlation between Benny bond purchases and skying stocks. Only one guy on Zerohedge really got it, and his name was Robot Trader. He just followed the price trajectory....

:eek:

#18     Jan 25, 2013