Why is the volume so modest , considering the epic carnage ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by NewTraderAdventure, Mar 16, 2020.

1. youd think it would be twice as much at least

2. dozu888

dozu888

because this shake operation ain't shaking down lots of chips.... public participation has been low!

murray t turtle and ironchef like this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

My boys are stuck in Milan airport

ironchef likes this.
  4. ironchef

ironchef

That is encouraging.

5. ironchef

ironchef

Can you ask your boys to ask his boys to stop shaking the trees?

6. dozu888

dozu888

what's the difference.... in the long term the more you shake the better price you get.

say when you retire many years from now qqq will be $1000, what difference does it make how much they price today... it's gonna be a 5-bagger minimum.... the more they shake the better.

7. dozu888

dozu888

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/QQQ...ldFNwYW4iOnt9fV0sImN1c3RvbVJhbmdlIjpudWxsfQ==

compare 9-10/2008 to 2-3/2020.

volume is WAY DOWN.... public participation is very low... even on absolute dollar basis 2/20 is still smaller than 9/08, but today the market cap and the entire money supply is so much bigger.

shows you that there are much lower chip count in the dumb money's hands... this shake and scoop operation is them boys collecting as much as possible for the next leg up!

them boyz aint gonna crash it when they hold all the chips..... so the logic is clear, the goal is much much higher.

8. %%
    OK
    Recheck your SPY + SDOW charts...... , volume is nicely above 50 day av...….....................................................................….Thanks

9. Metamega

Metamega

I think options market makers must be making a killing. Reddit filled with people asking how to open options account. Then theirs also lots of post about how come price went down but my put lost money.

Market makers could sell them almost anything.

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. dozu888

dozu888

oh above 50 day ma of course, with such strong emotions in the market now..

point was 'public participation' :)

#10     Mar 16, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.