Why Is The US Dollar Flying Lately ?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Stockolio, Apr 24, 2019.

1. US Dollar is too strong and will collapse EM Debt, yet it's on a tear

Is it being prepped up on purpose by Institutional bears or consequence of EU Outflows ?

2. Among currencies, the $USD is apparently the "cleanest dirty shirt".

Lots are touting the demise of the USD... but when the SHTF, I can make an arguemnt for the dollar soaring.

(Personally, I prefer a strong dollar... our money has more buying power. Americans who want a weak dollar, including Trump, are arguing for their own personal gains while throwing all the rest of us under the bus.)

Nobody ever does it, but just one time I'd like to hear a politico make a public argument about how we Americans would be better off if "our money would buy less".

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    patrickrooney likes this.
  3. $USD "flying"? Looks like it's in the middle of a 20 year range.

USD.PNG

4. zdreg

zdreg

use of the word flying is quite an exaggeration. it barely has been moving.

5. "Flying = I tried to trade the other direction"

zdreg likes this.
  6. Nah I don't Trade Forex... I think it's unravelling tho, US Dollar too strong means Bears are taking it into there own hands, or flight from Europe is really intense

Dollar up 0.49 % today, Gold up 0.38 % today

What do you think the sudden rush into US Dollar means ? Considering consequences on the rest of the world

7. zdreg

zdreg

my definition of high volatility is any position I 'm in where the range is 1%+. if I am not in a position 1% range means the stock is flat lining. in fact make that 5%. or even more.

8. 5 % change in the US Dollar Intra Day is likely impossible unless of a complete meltdown... 1 % Intra day is huge

#10     Apr 24, 2019