Why is the south so backward?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jan 18, 2011.

1. OK, dickhead, I cannot count the number of times I have resisted the impulse to put your sorry pimply ass on ignore. But just as I am ready to do it you say something semi-intelligent. Tonight you timed out. You will never aggoravate me again. Sweet relief. Like taking a badly needed shit.

#11     Jan 18, 2011
  2. Racist intolerance defined.

#12     Jan 19, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

You mean like this guy?

#13     Jan 19, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Hehe, he wins.

Happens to all of us.

#14     Jan 19, 2011
  5. I think the south is improving. Hell I live here and everyone is nice to me. I have friends/customers who listen to Rush and Hannity everyday and they still hire me for their construction work even thought they know I voted Obama. I think it's a group mentality thing, when people get in groups they can get worked up more but individually are more tolerant of others. Religion is another thing though, lack of being a devout christian, at least in words, is huge here. Sometimes I think they would rather be sitting with an Islamic terrorist than an atheist.
    But the few people that do know I'm doomed to hell still treat me like they always did, unless they get pissed then it comes up. But the south is much more tolerant and getting better as we speak. This period of people following extremist pied piper's like Hannity and Rush and their ilk will pass.

#15     Jan 19, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Dowd, Matthews, Maddow, Stewart and Huffington...
    Hopefully

#16     Jan 19, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

8. Rush, Beck, Hannity are like religious leaders for their followers, the holy republican trinity. There is no comparison for the left.

#18     Jan 19, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh there is, whether you're honest enough to admit it not doesn't change that reality. Only your perception of it.

#19     Jan 19, 2011
  10. I don't see it Lucrum. And I trust my perception and I question my perception too. I can and have changed my mind before. Politics isn't a religion to me. If I see proof of people going batty in mass over the left pundits then I'll change my opinion.
    Have you read the book "Psycho-Cybernetics" , worth a read if you hadn't.
    One of the main points of the book is that thoughts are not facts. He was talking about emotions but it works it all areas. And yes this goes for my thoughts also, and realizing this helps me at least keep my thinking clear or maybe I should say clearer than what it otherwise would be.

#20     Jan 19, 2011