Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Vindago

Vindago

I have done a little reading on MES, from what I understand it is kind of 10x leveraged natively. That's the way you can make money with this kind of instrument. Interesting...

#6861     Jan 19, 2021
  2. M4-1

M4-1

yes..and it might also be worth looking at the newly launched The Smalls with smallexhange.com

https://smallexchange.com/

i am not ready to trade them yet but will be shortly.. you can sign up for a lifetime subscription for 50% rebate on their fees..this is just $100 !!!

currently the volumes are very low and the spreads are a bit wide..but they are using the latest technology in relation to direct access trading (clearing technology)..you can read up on exactly what they are doing

remember when bitcoin was launched..well..this might be another "big thing' in the trading world..and for $100 it is well worth the risk to lock in reduced fees for life :)

they are already talking about options trading also !!

if you keep doing the same old thing..then..you can expect the same old results..

covid-19 is what is called an "explosive change"..and who knows what the scene will be like in a few years time..those who don't change with the times get left behind..History does indeed repeat itself :)

oh..yes..i am a subscriber to The Smalls !

#6862     Jan 30, 2021
  3. Traderz

Traderz

The blackhole thread, careful it may suck you in. Lots of dead end rabbit holes. This multi year thread has one incredibly cryptic actor with multi personalities who enjoy conversing amongst themselves. Is he a complete nutter hmmm? perhaps somewhat, I thinks he enjoys the knowledge but will not part with it easily only provide a few crumbs here and there.

What's obvious about trading? buy low sell higher that's it. Identify consistent repeatable "low risk" trades with proper money management that will provide an edge over time. Math does not lie. It's the "how" part which is tricky. Its obvious you need to think for yourself cause ain't no one going to tell you the "how" part.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    #6863     Jan 31, 2021
    Onra likes this.
  4. Vindago

Vindago

...and even if someone would tell you the how part it would not matter as you need to get there on your own.

The main attractive about this thread, I think, is the fact that it pushes you to think differently from the herd, to follow a different path and get somewhere else.

The funny thing is that while you carry on with the adventure of discovering things for yourself, more and more of the cryptic things generously provided by the OPs start to make sense to you:D

#6864     Feb 1, 2021
    Pelt and Onra like this.
  5. M4-1

M4-1

to be..or not to be..that is the question !

there is a big difference between..knowing..and doing !!

knowledge of itself is of no use..it is the application of knowledge that makes ALL the difference !!!

he who hesitates..is lost !!!!

what goes up..must come down !!!!!

If Only I Knew Then..What I Now Know !!!!!!

just another few minutes..and everything will be alright !!!!!!!

i think that about sums it up :)

ohh..forgot a very modern and very important one :) :)

The Unknown Unknowns !!!!!!!!

#6865     Feb 1, 2021
  6. M4-1

M4-1

BLASH & SHABL :)

BHASH & SLABH :)

BBARIR & SBARIR ...i believe this is a new one for this black hole :)

#6866     Feb 1, 2021
  7. M4-1

M4-1

VO..i think TZ is looking for that pdf if you have not sent it to him already.. it's amazing how many books are out there..and it is even more amazing how many of them are just pure and utter rubbish :)

#6867     Feb 3, 2021
  8. M4-1

M4-1

the immediate future for cash on deposit is not looking that good..most big holders of cash such as pension funds are now being charged negative interest rates..in the EU anyway..not sure about US..and it is looking like the high street banks are starting to introduce negative interest rates already by reducing their existing positive interest rate by the negative amount..so..for the immediate future holding money in a bank looks like it is going to cost you..big change from the 18% payed by banks back in the late 70's early 80's

here is what i have discovered..the people who "inform" the masses about future pension size requirements to meet your needs..are..nothing more than car salesmen..always beware of any information coming from any organisation that is making money by holding your money..common sense..no need to expand any more !

if you have only $10k in a pension account..or a private account when you are retired..that is more than enough to allow you to take some money from others by utilizing the best available vehicles at your disposal..and i don't mean fancy cars :)

enter the MES..and..maybe The Smalls..but the latter will take some time to see if it takes off..which..imho..it should do..as soon as the plebs and fcm's start to realize the advantages of it's unique technology in these ever changing world of financial wizardry..

if you do what everyone else does..then.. expect what everyone else gets..which..for the majority..is sweet fuc* all :)

why am a writing this..i don't know really..as i do know it won't make one little bit of difference..but do i care..as we say where i live...

"i couldn't give a shite" :)

#6868     Feb 3, 2021
  9. odlareg

odlareg

Once I read the Darvas book. It helped me a lot to find how things really work and what you need to do to make money consistently. It is the answer to the obvious.

GO

#6869     Feb 19, 2021
    Pelt likes this.
  10. Onra

Onra

Thanks; I'm going to read it!

#6870     Feb 19, 2021