Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ironchef

ironchef

I took your advice to heart. Exited GILD a few months ago and glad I did. Now thinking of re-entry.

Thanks.

#6571     May 8, 2018
  2. Ed48

Ed48

A friend passed this on.

#6572     May 18, 2018
  3. ironchef

ironchef

It would be very nice if life is this simple.:banghead:

#6573     May 24, 2018
  4. Vindago

Vindago

MrScalper:

would it make sense to consider the SKY as a sort of border separating the stars from the earth?

the way I see it in any chart there is a sort of disguised track separating the stars from the ground (nose from toes), this track (groove?) is not easy to see all the time as but if one was to guess it and then figure out the general direction (up or down or flat) and trade accordingly by exploiting price moves outside the groove, wouldn't that give that trader an advantage?

or am I simply seeing something that is not there? (I think not, but then...)

#6574     May 25, 2018
  5. smallfil

smallfil

The problem is there is a lot more rubbish and misinformation spread by hacks peddling their books, DVDs, seminars costing thousands of dollars. How many actually, learn anything useful that they can use to trade and make monies? Probably, closer to zero! Online seminars are exploding and a seminar I attended kept talking about how many millions you will be making in the stockmarket but, never once, talked about any setup on how they trade. I asked the guy who was obviously, a salesman and nothing more why, they did not show any setup as an example of how they traded and he said, oh, we only give out that information to those paying for the seminar! Can you believe that BS? They cannot even demonstrate any competence in trading and they are supposed to teach you? To be fair, other seminars show you some setups or blackboxes they use. Still, majority talk in generalities which cannot be quantified if it has any validity at all!

#6575     Jun 19, 2018
  6. Vindago

Vindago

smallfill, never has it been more valid than in trading the says: "who can't do, teach":D

#6576     Jun 20, 2018
  7. ironchef

ironchef

MrScalper is a good trader, and teach.:finger:

#6577     Jun 20, 2018
  8. Ed48

Ed48

Something I've been pondering about BLASH...

If NY didn't mean buying a low point then what did he/she mean by "buy low"?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    #6578     Jun 26, 2018
  9. Ed48

Ed48

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    #6579     Jun 28, 2018
    Onra likes this.
  10. Lort Noc

Lort Noc

I wonder if MrScalper is still available for some questions, preferably a PM.

LN

#6580     Sep 7, 2018