Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Vindago

Vindago

I, obviously, cannot predict the future, so why should I try? it was not so obvious to me before...

what I can do is follow the present and if the future tells me I am wrong than it will likely mean that the new present is different from the old one. convoluted? obviously!

#6471     Mar 13, 2018
  2. MrScalper

MrScalper

there is a monkey species called the snub nosed monkey..very rare..lives in china..a mountain range cuts off one species from the other..so..one has evolved to be golden..the other..black

the problem humans have..and especially nowadays..is that mountain ranges do not matter..in fact..nothing seems to matter any more..which is why most humans are behaving like banana eating monkeys..monkey see.. monkey do..:)

#6472     Mar 13, 2018
  3. MrScalper

MrScalper

big mistake..if you just do it.. without understanding what it is you must do..then..you will just become another banana eater ;)

#6473     Mar 13, 2018
  4. JSOP

JSOP

I must TRADE. That should be clear enough no? But if you never dare to trade, then you will never know whether you can succeed as a trader or not. Whether it's obvious you will be a successful trader or not is irrelevant.

Even as a banana eater. If you have never tried to eat a banana, how do you know you will be successful as a banana eater?

#6474     Mar 13, 2018
  5. MrScalper

MrScalper

oh look at me
    says buzy bee
    i fly all day
    to make the hay

my tiny hair
    is so so rare
    i feel the train
    that carrys rain

the humans stare
    in awe at rare
    but never know
    as bee not show

some say it like
    a magnet spike
    others do tell
    it comes from smell

but all forget
    and still do fret
    i fly so high
    can see the sky :)

to their surprise
    i have two eyes
    the sky you see
    makes buzy bee :)

#6475     Mar 13, 2018
  6. MrScalper

MrScalper

no..not trading is equally..and often more important..than trading

most are "sucked in" by the hype and bull.. happened to me also..it is just that i am well over those experiences now..and clearly see the monkeys for what they really are..dumb ass traders :)

it actually is very simple..which is exactly why it is so so hard..and today..with the idiotic finger tapping monkeys..tap tap tap tap tap tap tap..it is going to get even harder for those who "just do it " !!!!!!!

#6476     Mar 13, 2018
  7. MrScalper

MrScalper

download metatrader..get the tools you need to "see" the market..break down all the volume in nice fancy little colored bars..use market profile and the "value area"..and let us not forget mr Fibonacci himself..what the fuk..a total load of crap..all that bullshit does only one thing.. stops you from "seeing" what you "need" to see..and "doing"..what you "need to do"

i have done nearly all of them..even done a few that very few know about..and..i can honestly say..load of crap..the whole stupid shovel selling industry..ignore them all..use excel and the part of your brain that is connected to your big fat eyes :)

#6477     Mar 13, 2018
  8. JSOP

JSOP

Practice makes it perfect. It's the "doing" that makes it easier. Getting enticed to trade due to its potentially tremendous financial rewards is not "sucked in". It's a person's right to choose the most financial rewarding career to make a living. Do you go headlong into trading without studying and preparing and research? No. But people shouldn't be scared of trading just because they think it's not obvious whether they will be successful or not without even trying.

#6478     Mar 13, 2018
  9. MrScalper

MrScalper

let us know how you get on..my bet is that..unless you make some drastic changes now..as your words show that you are barking up the wrong tree..you will join the countless end of holy grail seekers

you might not realize it..but you have been well and truly sucked in!!!!

#6479     Mar 14, 2018
  10. ironchef

ironchef

OK, I just follow the buzy bee.:thumbsup:

And welcome back.

#6480     Mar 15, 2018