Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Onra

Onra

First: up (though climactic)
    Second: up (but with more two-sided trading)

#6441     Jan 8, 2018
  2. ironchef

ironchef

First: What goes up must come down. Should take a breather so if I do not have a position I will wait and see. If I do, I will take profit.
    Second: Taking a breather, so if I am not already in I will wait and see. If I do I will also take profit.

#6442     Jan 8, 2018
  3. Vindago

Vindago

I don't know where the two markets are heading, up until now they have been moving up, but tomorrow is another day and anything can happen. I would not enter a trade in neither of them at this time.

#6443     Jan 8, 2018
  4. Vindago

Vindago

I see your point, there is not much to delete as the only things that I keep are snippets from this and few other threads, for the rest I have a clear enough picture of what I need to do to move forward and it is not in any text book (I think, since I never read any). As I said in my previous post, I am working on doing what I need to do, being that taking a profit or a loss when I see that it is time to do so.

#6444     Jan 8, 2018
  5. Vindago

Vindago

As for RN I guess he got fed up of all the rumbling and fighting in the forum by so many people with the truth in their pocket...:D

#6445     Jan 8, 2018
  6. MrScalper

MrScalper

the 2 charts are completely different..first is clearly going up for now.. second has stopped going up..so..if you were prepared..and not thinking silly and ridiculous things about nothing..shorting the down break was an obvious play!

Screenshot_2018-01-09-23-56-51-327_atws.app.png

#6446     Jan 9, 2018
  7. MrScalper

MrScalper

not to make it sound too easy..just in case some fools decide to start throwing away money trading the ES for a few ticks..it really does require a lot of trading experience before the mind fully grasps what really makes the difference between winning and losing

it is like all other areas of our life..we neglect the simple things that can make a big difference..why..well..it really has a lot to do with habits..as changing a bad habit is far from easy..as we all know only too well

you need a catalyst..some very strong reason to make you do something that you currently find very hard to do..once you find it you will know..as it can allow you do anything..within reason and ability of course..give up drinking or smoking overnight..stop fooling around with women..stop wasting money on silly and ridiculous things when other things are far more important..

some call it faith..a new understanding..a new found love..whatever it is..as long as it works for you and gets the desired results.. you can call it what you like :)

#6447     Jan 9, 2018
    KevinD likes this.
  8. Inherently, the market is competitive. Someone has to lose on a trade for someone to win. In most cases.

#6448     Jan 21, 2018
  9. MrScalper

MrScalper

an edge is not something you find..it is something you develop..as a result of many experiences

intuition is an edge..but unless you know about how intuition works..and then learn how to make best use of it..it will just become more dejavue moments!!!

making money is easy..just buy and sell..but if you don't understand why it is you win..and lose..then you really don't have a clue what you are doing..how can it be any other way!!

#6449     Jan 23, 2018
  10. most experienced traders know when they should bank and when they should cut the key is actually doing both in real time without hesitation. Losing traders tend to hold for the moon instead of banking at key points after a swift move in their favour. They also like to hold onto losers and revenge trade. It's a tough game to master. Covering up the open PnL can help as long as risk management is solid and it doesn't become a head in the sand mentality.

#6450     Jan 23, 2018
    matthewyoung likes this.