Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

There are several other "boxes" that could be drawn . It's convenient to draw the boxes after the fact once you know where price has gone. Beware.

#6131     Jul 31, 2017
  2. _eug_

_eug_

I agree but that is where the chart reading "skill" or experience comes in... To understand how to draw the boxes and what they actually represent.

I think you have to lose money to understand what those boxes are ...

#6132     Jul 31, 2017
  3. MrScalper

MrScalper

Hold on Mr stooge..I will change your nappy for you also..what a dumbass would be trader :)

#6133     Jul 31, 2017
  4. MrScalper

MrScalper

Ask Mr baron193 what he thinks about all this..why just listen to the 3 stooges :)

#6134     Jul 31, 2017
  5. MrScalper

MrScalper

You do not draw boxes..they are just to help you see here what you can not currently see..I do not draw anything but horizontal lines when trading..in fact.. sometimes you are better off drawing absolutely nothing on your charts !!!!!

#6135     Jul 31, 2017
  6. MrScalper

MrScalper

The main point is being missed here by all.. except maybe one or two..ignore Mr stooge and his like..they are the type that can cost you real money..ask them to post some charts..never mind results or live calls..a simple chart will suffice :)

#6136     Jul 31, 2017
  7. I noticed in the chart that you posted how you mentioned the various levels in the uptrend being respected in the downtrend. By this i imagine that you are regarding these levels as being support. If so, and if you are trading on the buy at support idea, you may, or may not, find the following posting I previously made in another thread of interest. The short of it is that IMHO there is no support in a downtrend that is anywhere equivalent to that in an uptrend, and can therefore not be expected to produce the same results. Any such so called support should be considered as being nothing more than just the previous low IMHO.
    But excuse me if I misunderstood the intentions or meaning of your post.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    More than the question of working or not, the proper identification of support and resistance should be of greater concern. I have so often seen what IMHO I feel is one basic misinterpretation of support and resistance that would lead to failed or missed trades.

As in the attached, so many people refer to the lows in a downtrend, B, as support, such as S2, and the highs in an uptrend, A, such as R1, as resistance. The moves to S1 and S2 are completely opposite, with that to S2 being a move in the primary direction and that to S1 being a reaction. Therefore, the moves following S1 and S2 can not be expected perform equally. So for those who employ the 'buy at support and sell at resistance' tactic, treating both S1 and S2 as support will, as the OP questioned, be hit and miss. Also, for example, regarding R1 as resistance, rather than just the last high in the primary direction, may cause hesitation to buy before R1 is penetrated, resulting in a missed trade.

Additionally, using the white line as an example, looking for support at a low in the previous trend, S3, will not have a high probability of success as the forces at work at that price level are the opposite.

While the above is just basic TA, I've seen such misinterpretations so often that I thought I'd give my 2 cents, even though few will agree or be interested.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    #6137     Jul 31, 2017
    Xela and Simples like this.
  8. algofy

algofy

Mrscalper = Jsmith?

#6138     Jul 31, 2017
  9. MrScalper

MrScalper

MrScalper = Jsmith = Mr surf = Mr Redneck = Mr whoeveryouwantmetobe :)

#6139     Jul 31, 2017
  10. algofy

algofy

I miss redneck

#6140     Jul 31, 2017