Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. algofy

algofy

What are the 3 Ts? Maybe this is the breakthrough I need.

#5731     Feb 16, 2017
  2. hahahaha that's the funniest thing I have seen posted today.
    Seriously, so you really believe that your breathrough is because of some TA missing?

#5732     Feb 16, 2017
  3. wtfauoa

wtfauoa

The 3T's are what will stop you losing too much when price moves against you, help you realise profits when made, and help you keep the money you do make.

All you need do is think!

#5733     Feb 16, 2017
  4. Ed48

Ed48

#5734     Mar 3, 2017
  5. SkyChef

SkyChef

1) People assume a lot. That's one huge reason why they lost.
    2) They don't understand that the mind is a huge vast empty space with the libraries not necessarily connected so they can use the proper tools they have learned when needed. They can be very smart in one endeavor, but when facing the market, they are exactly like a 1 year old child crossing a busy street. Die instantly.
    3) Don't have the proper knowledge & mindset to distinguish what's fraud & what's not. In order to do this, you need minimum 2x the knowledge of the subject at hand, provided that you are not confusing what you have is what it is.

Just for benefit of my fellow travelers (very few of you), the prerequisites you have to learn are these

1) Control your losses. This isn't for you to make a lot of $ but to allow you to stay in the game to learn.
    2) ....
    3) Trade only when opportunities present.
    4) ....
    5) Always prepare, pre-plan and self analyzed. Prepare to put in a lot of hours in the right subjects.
    6) Make trading a process to prevent the other YOU interfering with YOU.

Hint for #2 is it has to do w/ entry & risk management. Hint for #4 is about target, pull back, advance. Only step 6 is about psychology, the rest is all about knowledge of techniques.

I'm neither your friend nor your enemy so that's all I can do. I'm not trying to confuse you w/ BS and/or fraud. I don't debate or argue. Go figuring it out by yourself. Just remember, if you ask the wrong question, you will always get the wrong answer. You have to provide the right question then search for the right answer. They are all around you. Just look.

I'm done w/ this thread.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    #5735     Mar 3, 2017
    J Ski and Ed48 like this.
  6. wtfauoa
    You taking a break,slowing down,hmm?
    Seems like the spotlight is on Marketsurfer these days,you went into hiding

Happy St.Patrick Day !

that's what i wanted to say

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    #5736     Mar 17, 2017
  7. davroz

davroz

The Expert, it all makes sense now!

_96444068_hi040010348.jpg

#5737     Jun 12, 2017
  8. franT

franT

Take a look at a castle.

#5738     Jun 15, 2017
  9. Mysteron

Mysteron

This is a very long thread to answer/discuss this question:

What every trader has to realise, is that all the risk management and position sizing techniques in the world are of no use what so ever, unless the trader is aware of the obvious pre-requisite to trading any market.

Has the answer been stated yet?

So given that risk management and position sizing is implemented, if a particular market is to be traded then clearly the market has to have trading opportunities in the sense that there are sufficient price fluctuations over the timescales of typical trades and that there is liquidity to enable orders to be executed.

Those points only guarantee that trading can be carried out while not sustaining uncontrolled losses.

It would seem that the pre-requisite for successful trading has to be a means of estimating, with some success the likely direction of price over the timescale of typical trades.

#5739     Jun 22, 2017
  10. Mysteron

Mysteron

The lad has his eye on a pair of tits.

#5740     Jun 22, 2017