Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. algofy

algofy

Why is this?

#5571     Jan 22, 2017
  2. wtfauoa

wtfauoa

People are indeed funny these days. Most think, for some silly reason, that just because they ask something trading related they should be given the answers. How childish.

I have been told to send the PDF to @Mysteron , @Vindago and @odlareg , so if they want same the need only send me the email address, nothing else.

#5572     Jan 24, 2017
  3. wtfauoa

wtfauoa

I have just been told to add @Gotcha to the PDF list, again, just email required. All should note the only requirement is that you keep it to yourselves, but there is nothing stopping you all discussing the contents in private, but it is really not required, as the book covers ALMOST everything you need to know about the financial markets in order to make money trading.

#5573     Jan 24, 2017
  4. wtfauoa

wtfauoa

Get out the microscope, because we’re going through this poem line-by-line.
    Lines 1-2

When icicles hang by the wall,
    And Dick the shepherd blows his nail,

• Okay, here we go. The poem opens with a set up. "When icicles hang by the wall," and some dude named Dick (who is a shepherd) "blows his nail"… um, something else happens.
    http://www.shmoop.com/winter-shakespeare/stanza-1-summary.html

#5574     Jan 24, 2017
  5. Vindago

Vindago

well, I am not sure about what blowing nails means, but anything "hanging" by the wall usually presents good opportunities, though it often depends on how high and how long the icicles are on the wall...

#5575     Jan 25, 2017
  6. wtfauoa

wtfauoa

Like the poem break down, make sure you understand the breakdown of the PDF, especially the bit about why and how financial derivatives came about, and what their main purpose is.

It really is amazing how simple it all is when explained in a clear and precise manner, with no bias or alternative motives.

You can now see why nearly every book written on TA is useless, and just a pure waste of time and effort.

As mentioned, the first step is awareness, and the PDF will make you more aware than 99% of those who try. The book is worth it's weight in gold, and if I was one who just got the PDF I would make sure I buy the book. Funny, I bought my copy for less than $5 including postage, just shows, does it not :)

#5576     Jan 25, 2017
  7. Whats is the title of the book? :)

#5577     Jan 25, 2017
  8. wtfauoa

wtfauoa

The day the earth stood still :)

#5578     Jan 26, 2017
  9. wtfauoa

wtfauoa

Did you know that "greasy Joan" was not a cook, but a prostitute, and the damn weather was so cold she couldn't even be bothered to open her legs, so she decided to put a big stew in the pot instead :)

#5579     Jan 26, 2017
  10. Pelt

Pelt

Are you sure? It was postulated that she could be a cook, as cooks are tend to get greasy.

#5580     Jan 26, 2017