Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

As a test for awareness, if you know the password then please do not say it - but you can say you "got it", if you like!

If you "get it", you can ask what you like, and who knows, maybe you might learn something of value, and maybe you won't, either way it is entirely up to you:D

#501     Apr 7, 2009
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Sir

I will never be a fool - whilst I am going to the Bank

#502     Apr 7, 2009
  3. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

That was extremely quick RN, but then again, it is only the "Art Collectors" and "the Big artists", that can really see what value is in the painting:D

To return to my subject, there is nothing like alluring the appetite and
    affections; otherwise you make nothing but so many asses laden with
    books; by dint of the lash, you give them their pocketful of learning to
    keep; whereas, to do well you should not only lodge it with them, but
    make them espouse it.

#503     Apr 7, 2009
  4. G-Boa

G-Boa

According to pic, "more like level-handed".

NYSE, you daytrade stocks with no overnight holds right?

#504     Apr 8, 2009
  5. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

A well balanced answer, GB :)

I think, and it is just my way of thinking, that one might be better off to trade what ever has the least amount of risk, with a good possibility of a decent payout!

Who gives a damn what "market" it is - it can be bananas for all I care, once the ground is not covered with skins:D

But - just in case some read it wrong, some "markets" are more manipulated than others, so it is also wise to know a little bit about who you are gambling against, before you decide to place your bets!

#505     Apr 8, 2009
  6. Obvious but not obvious:

1. The root of success/failure is yourself.

2. Noise is your friend, and your enemy. Never fight your friend, but fight your enemy.

3. Do not seek opportunity in an instrument, but seek an instrument that has the opportunity.

4. Repetition can be a virtue

5. The best party to join is one where you have proof that eveyone is happy.

#506     Apr 8, 2009
    fiction and fairvalue like this.
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Before I turn in tonight I wanted to add something about ANF

I could see some “happy go lucky’s” shorting this stock tomorrow – just based on what’s been posted – DON’T

A couple of things

1.) Price going from A to B is seldom a straight line

2.) This is a short week (Friday is a holiday) so tomorrow may be a bit tricky, or not – I do not know

If you’re not in – Don’t get in – Please let’s use this as an example to learn from

If you are in – Trade it - protect your profit / minimize your loss– but don't be stubborn or stupid

AND... Please do not assume anything about where price may or may not go

Good Night All
    RN

#507     Apr 8, 2009
  8. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Out of those five words of wisdom, there is one that surpasses all the others, and, I bet that most will get it wrong!

To me, and a few more, it is as "obvious" as the day is bright, and the night is dark!

Very good post RFT - much better than some of the "stuff" I have posted:D

#508     Apr 8, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Very good point RN - as this baby can go either way, at any time!

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.pnf?c=anf,P

#509     Apr 8, 2009
  10. DrEvil

DrEvil

I would go with:

2. Noise is your friend, and your enemy. Never fight your friend, but fight your enemy.

Nyse, would you agree that noise is your friend when it appears to most as their enemy and vice versa?

#510     Apr 8, 2009