Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

With all due respect Mr H, grammer has nothing to do with trading effectively:D

As for logic, I prefer to look at is as "common sense" - which obviously, is not all that common.

Of course there are endless numbers of answers, as there are endless numbers of traders, but there are but a very limited number of ways that one can make good money in the markets - and those ways are not so obvious to many, but are to a very small few.

Let us not forget the reason why we trade - it is to make money.

Anything that deflects your attention form that, well, is not worth the effort, but anything that assists with the bottom line, is indeed worth serious attention.

The proff is, and always will be, the bank account details:D

BTW, no one said that you are right or wrong, and no one should really care - in the same way that nobody should really care what I say, unless it helps them improve the bottom line of course:D

Have a nice day.

NY

#491     Apr 7, 2009
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Howdy All,

Before I begin

1st - Boib – Great stock pick Sir – it’s serving well as an example

2nd – Remember I don’t know a damn thing – so don’t assume I do

Now with regards to ANF – whether you’re playing it or just playing along

Did you pick up on why short would have possibly been the better path going into Monday

Are you short – if not WHY – You are losing money

Assuming you are short are you considering protecting the profit you’ve made – if not WHY

Do you see why Boib picked 22.50 as “a” target – although it may not be the only target

If confused please speak up – you may not get the answers you want, but I’m certain you will get the answers that serve you best

BTW – Any thoughts about the “O”

Take Care

RN

#492     Apr 7, 2009
    #493     Apr 7, 2009
  4. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Actually RN, and I have it righT this time:D, Boib might be on to a good thing here!

This ANF looks like a good stock to trade - well correlated.

If anyone decides to trade it, then let it be your own decision, not anyone else's.

Looks like some trades have been filled - will check and update later.

I also will do up a little picture to help get the "N" filled in - after all,

"a picture paints a thousand words":D

It should not take more than 10-20 minutes, will post it later on.

#494     Apr 7, 2009
  5. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Actually, as I absolutely detest holding overnight, although I do it some times:D , it really should make no difference to you unless the futures cause a BIG gap - and even if they do, you still have a good chance of getting back on the ladder, but it can get a little complicated if you are not in control!

I know that RN and I trade differently, but it is funny how we both seem to see the same things!

There are but a "limited" number of ways to take money from other traders - EFFECTIVELY!!

#495     Apr 7, 2009
  6. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Maybe the risk you decide to take should determine where you put your stop:eek:

Then, as the risk is the enabler, it will control the trade, instead of the stop doing so:confused:

But, if you are to let the risk decide, then it may be better to only put it on when the chances of losing are less than normal:mad:

How do I determine when my chance of losing is less?

Well, maybe if I think differently, and open my eyes, I might actually see something that I can relate to less risk:eek:

Trading, it is a mugs game, really:D

Maybe I should listen to the horn honker a bit more, for he seems to be an "expert" at showing what has transpired - another big thick idiot who is fooling people into parting with their money -he is no better than the people he cuts down, he is in fact, worse:p

#496     Apr 7, 2009
  7. Redneck

Redneck

MMD,

I will if needed – but first I would like to give folks a chance to dissect and post their views

Because I too may learn something -

Aside - One thing I know - Everyone in the world has something to teach me - if only I am willing to shut my mouth, open my ears/ mind and listen....

In the meantime Sir may I suggest trying a little MTFA, for a few of the answers you ask.

Also do you see any euphoria (akin to a two day drinking binge possibly) on a chart of ANF – I hate two day drinking binges as they have a tendency to bring about huge hangovers :)

And the truth is I am not trading it... My primary playground consists of some commodity, financial, and tech/ internet stocks …

But some things may be applied to all things, and can be use accordingly Sir

Take Care

#497     Apr 7, 2009
  8. Redneck

Redneck

NY
    Funny – not so me thinks Sir – after all we are after the same thing – so it makes good senses to end up there – together :)

I have made it a rule to never hold overnight in my day trading account – SKF bit my butt last year when the Govt. outlawed shorting financials – on a Thursday night (Oh how well I remember that Friday) :eek:

#498     Apr 7, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Oh yes RN - you see, many think that traders who make money never lose:eek:

It is only when a trader HAS lost big money does he/she become a better trader - aka, experience!

This one you will like, I think:D

Here is an image of a process that works - in order to open the file, one must first come up with the "password".

If someone wants to alter, or print the document, then they must come up with another password:D

Sure if I just gave everyone the document outright, I would be acknowledging that they are unable to think, and that is a very rude thing to do!

[​IMG]

#499     Apr 7, 2009
  10. Redneck

Redneck

:D :D :D

#500     Apr 7, 2009