Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

BAC sure looks like it was a good buy around the $3.20 level with the $8 target!

Concepts, ideas, systems, approaches, etc, etc, will indeed pass through the mind of a trader.

However, the obvious is such that you avoid all the distractions that will "waste" your precious time!

What you say is neither wrong nor right; it is just the path that many take due to their exposure.

When one gets to a certain stage in life, and many wrong paths have been taken, then "correct" path is easier to find.

A recent discussion with a trader raised a very important topic - I will post some related details and let people see what they make of it?

#391     Apr 3, 2009
  2. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

How about,

"good and bad"

"right and wrong"

"up and down"

"in and out"

:eek:

#392     Apr 3, 2009
  3. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Nope!

#393     Apr 3, 2009
  4. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

#394     Apr 3, 2009
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Come on Folks - Please - someone pick a stock

After all it's only trading:)

#395     Apr 3, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

I competely understand Sir

But as we all know - to be successful we must BLSH and SHBL the majority of the time:)

Take Care

#396     Apr 3, 2009
  7. Boib

Boib

ANF :

Entry 27.50
    Stop 22.50

Have at'er boys.

#397     Apr 3, 2009
  8. I bought mine at $2.77 that day it rolled off the table :p

#398     Apr 4, 2009
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Because most people have never been taught to think for themselves, and for the most part are actually discouraged from doing so.
    You could drop the majority of people into a barrel full of tits and they'd come up sucking on their thumb unless someone gave them directions prior to dropping them in.

#399     Apr 4, 2009
  10. I think it was you who turned me on to New Market Wizards page 128 beginning with the section "If trading can be taught . . ." which speaks to the topic of this thread. Also the quote on page 134: "The majority of people trade worse than a purely random trader would."

#400     Apr 4, 2009