Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. n = non-attachment

#371     Apr 2, 2009
  2. any of you philosophising trader types feel like its all just one big game of plinko?

#372     Apr 2, 2009
  3. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Nope!

#373     Apr 2, 2009
  4. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

It is 2 words like the last letter "L" - and the first is shorter than the last!

It is very obvious that people are not reading the other words!!!

Look at it as if it is a process!

#374     Apr 2, 2009
  5. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Hmm, some very interesting thoughts here!

What exactly constitutes "trading correctly"?

Also, sometimes the only way to make money on a trade is to have no stop at all - it is an "AON" bet!

E.G. my recent enough trade in a financial stock was an AON bet which made money "because" I had no stop in place!

So - did I do the right thing, or did I do the wrong thing!

The facts are such that I did the right thing, as I made some good money on the trade, and if I had lost the bet, I would have also done the right thing, as it was an AON bet!

Either way I was right, even if I lost!!

This trading is indeed a funny business, is it not!

#375     Apr 2, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Hey T666

I knew exactly what you meant, more so than you probably realize Sir

You see NYSESTOCK’s responding to my post was not meant for me, we both get it, it was meant to make others think

And to answer your question

Sure trading was scary (and all the other bad stuff) when I was still unsure of who I was – as a trader… When I lacked the understanding at my very being – what it means to be a trader…. When I was still unsure of what the market represented…..

But not anymore

I know what the market is, I know who I am as a trader, I trade exactly the way I must

Aside

This whole thread is truly my nirvana; I gravitate here specifically because I know – I, and a few others – share something extraordinary.

When NYSESTOCKS stated – He, I, and a few other view trading in a completely different light – (that we think differently) – It is very true Sir

I understand where he’s coming from, and I appreciate (more than words could ever express) what he’s offering other a chance to experience

If a trader can get the point (the lessons) he’s trying to instill – a whole new trading world will open up

It’s not like viewing the other side of a coin; it’s more like making a phase shift. And if a person can just make that transition – the possibilities are unbelievable Sir

Disclaimer time

I am a dumbass Redneck
    There are no experts in trading
    There are no trading gurus
    Trading is Gambling
    We all have winning trades and losing trades
    There is no secrete sauce, indicator, or whatever

Aside

To some, what I’ve wrote will make sense, to others it will sound like holier than thou gibberish

I would only ask you to open up your mind to all possibilities please, for what’s being offered here is truly astounding…, and humbling

Take Care
    Redneck

#376     Apr 2, 2009
  7. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

"Jack be nimble, Jack be quick"

"But if Jack is silly, Jack will lose his willy"

:D

[​IMG]

#377     Apr 2, 2009
  8. Redneck

Redneck

:D :D :D :D :D
    eta I just spewed water on myself laughing

#378     Apr 2, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Maybe you are right, and maybe you are wrong!

Seeing is believing!

I think it is time for some brain lessons, let me see what I can dig up:D

#379     Apr 2, 2009
  10. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Yes RT, it is good one if I do say so myself - I even laughed myself:D

I can just see all the scalpers, getting ready with their 4 dozen screens, and live "audio" feed into the futures pit:D

Might as well be listening to a bunch of pigs crammed into a lorry as they enter the gates of the slaughter house:D

Who gives a sh*te about big hedge funds or billion dollar pension fund "portfolio managers":D

If you want to learn how to take money from other traders then you better learn how to use that 3LB of spongy grey matter that is stuck between your two big ears:D

Like our little friend Jack, if you are not careful, then your little jump may just burn your bills to cinders :D

#380     Apr 3, 2009