Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Sir

How could the market ever punish me – hell it doesn’t even know I exist, much less care about me one way or the other?

And you say the “best move is the one that feels worst” – How can a positive P/L ever feel bad

Just curious

#361     Apr 2, 2009
  2. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

How true T666, and many do not believe me when I say that (when starting out) you should sell when you think it is the right time to buy, and you should buy when you think it is the right time to sell.

There is nothing worse than making money from a bad decision, as it leads one up that wrong path!

#362     Apr 2, 2009
  3. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Very good choice cmnts, but again, it is not the "N" I had in mind!

#363     Apr 2, 2009
  4. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

When one gains experience and moves beyond the "normal" way of thinking, it is then easy to see how it should not be so!

But, we must be always aware that, as in all walks of life, the majority will always take the wrong path, no matter what, and the few that took that big decision to take the path that no one else would take, well; they will be justly rewarded for their choice, both mentally and monetarily!

Many will know where this comes from.

The Morale Trap

1. You believe you have hope when there is no hope

2. You believe you fight to the death when you have other acceptable options

3. You allow pride to override good judgment

#364     Apr 2, 2009
  5. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Again, another good choice, but not the "N" I would choose!

#365     Apr 2, 2009
  6. headsuit

headsuit

Numbers?

#366     Apr 2, 2009
  7. this is really bugging me.

can you confirm that it is only one word and that it does not start with non- or some kind of prefix so I can go through the dictionary and do it the hard way?

all I can come up with is nigga please, nonchalance, nards, neurotic, and narcisism - all words that had a lot to do with when I was not trading well.

#367     Apr 2, 2009
    i960 likes this.
  8. I take it back nonchalance has been a profitable state of mind for me.

#368     Apr 2, 2009
  9. I meant it as a metaphor because you're right, the market doesn't know us or care about our trades. Let's say you have an excellent system but you make 5 trades in a row exactly by your rules and all 5 are losers... that's what I meant by the market "punishing you" (with losing trades) even though you did the right thing (traded correctly). An example of the market "rewarding you" for doing what's wrong would be failing to execute a stop when a trade moves against you, hoping it will come back and it does... and makes you a large profit.

My best trades have almost always been the scariest ones to take... the positive P/L feels good, but after the trade starts working out. You haven't experienced this?

#369     Apr 2, 2009
  10. Bear Paws

Bear Paws

N = Nimble

#370     Apr 2, 2009