Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Very good answer LT, but maybe a "lot less" would be better at times!

#341     Apr 1, 2009
  2. headsuit

headsuit

Hey nysestocks,
    I read the thread and have a bunch of questions. Here are a couple, hopefully you'll get a chance to address them. I haven't got an issue with putting time and effort into trading as my circumstance affords me the ability, although I want to give myself a shot at being the best (not an expert). So my question is, is there a certain action or activity that if practiced over and over again will eventually lead to the discovery of the "not so obvious?" Secondly, can you tell us what it is, or what they are?
    Thanks

#342     Apr 1, 2009
  3. don't you get it? this is hang man crossed with a crossword puzzle crossed with karate kid in the hands of a man who holds secret "obvious" truth.

90% chance you will need to buy an ebook or move to some kind of cult compound in montana to find out!

#343     Apr 1, 2009
  4. Yes I was. :/

#344     Apr 1, 2009
  5. G-Boa

G-Boa

The obvious:

1. you're competing against yourself
    2. you're up against experienced, successful traders that are picking pockets day in and day out with their billion dollar funds
    3. your angles and reasons are most likely wrong, because you need to make decisions from the other side of the coin
    4. you need to have square balls, when most people don't

#345     Apr 1, 2009
  6. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

HS, seen as you have just joined us, and let’s say that you have not been here before, then the following may help you understand some little things that might help!

It should be very obvious that those with good experience will know more than those with little or no experience!

So, can you learn from others, of course you can!

But, as most of what people know is not the best of what can be known, then your first goal should be to identify, or, spot the difference!

Then, when you have done this, you should begin to see that "little things can matter a lot"!

As for showing you, I have already covered that, and by doing so, not only would I shoot myself in the foot, but also the feet of a few others that also know!

You must be prepared to work it out for yourself, as, you can get to about 75% effectiveness on your own, but one will never get to the other 25% unless you are very very clever, or like myself, are willing to do what ever it takes to get it, no matter what!

The difference between success and failure can be very little, but it can cost a lot, in both monetary and social areas!

#346     Apr 1, 2009
  7. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

I think you may have been trampled on too many times:D

#347     Apr 1, 2009
  8. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

What goes up must come down

and

What comes down must go up

:D

#348     Apr 1, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

1. Why would you do that!

2. It is not their own money!

3. You should not have any angle but to make a small loss and a profit that is bigger than that loss!

4. You need to leave your balls alone and concentrate on what you need to know, and do:D

#349     Apr 1, 2009
  10. na I'm just bored this week. seriously once I decided to swing trade I have too much time on my hands to do things like post.

my results have gone through the roof though!

#350     Apr 1, 2009