Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Haha, you know, I think the reason I have a slight short bias is my daily familiarity with gravity. Maybe Ill stand my monitor on its end see if any rabbits come out of the hat.

#331     Mar 31, 2009
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Then you may find solace in the "O"

#332     Mar 31, 2009
  3. objectivity?

by the way thats my best pickup line you just used

#333     Mar 31, 2009
    EVAP likes this.
  4. Non-biased

#334     Mar 31, 2009
  5. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

A very good point RT - well worth expanding!

Many say that trading is an "Art" form.

This can imply that a trader is, in some ways, similar to an "Artist", or as I prefer to say, a "Chartist":D

Now, however, and many will be unaware of this, an "Artisan" is a person who uses their hands to produce something of value that can be used - one should try sitting on a painting and see where it gets them:)

The majority of traders paint lovely pictures of the market, and some even go to great lengths to color them in:D

As you can see from my simple charts, I just take the silly little thing and turn it this way and that way so that I can see something that no one else can see - but, remember, not everyone can make a solid piece of furniture that you can actually use day in and day out for the rest of your life!

Just in case some of you take the P&F rotation seriously, it is meant to explain a point - do not waste your time trying to see something that is not there to be seen, but if you do see it, then good, but do try it out and validate it, with real money, not with that other silly back testing stuff, which is nothing short of a load of boll*x!

#335     Mar 31, 2009
  6. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Actually, there is no need to risk injury anymore, for you can now get a 21" widescreen monitor that you can rotate on it's base - you should try it, you might be amazed at what you won't see:D

Okay, back to the serious stuff, enough playing for now!

#336     Mar 31, 2009
  7. my guess

N = not hurry, deliberate
    O = obedience

#337     Apr 1, 2009
  8. why does price move faster left than right ???

:D

#338     Apr 1, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Good one MMD, mother and obedience:)

Pity it is not practiced as much as it was in the past :(

But that is not the best answer I think - when I said ask mother, I meant Mrs Boyd!

To speed things up a bit, as I can see that it needs to get more interesting for some,

O = Orientation

Hmm, now that can mean a few different things, but in relation to trading it can only be 1!

#339     Apr 1, 2009
  10. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Are you looking at a chart the wrong way up TS:eek:

#340     Apr 1, 2009