Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. I wasn't judging............just trying to guess the answer to The Oracle's question. Besides I'm not so sure about your statement, "...a trader doesn't concern themselves with being right or wrong".

I bet if I looked hard enough I could find a trader who makes more money than anyone on this site who is very concerned with being right or wrong.

Different people operate in different ways/think in different ways/have different goals/different beliefs.

A bad trader might be too concerned with right or wrong. A good trader might not concern himself with right or wrong. A great trader might come full circle and again be concerned with right or wrong. Hard to say.

#3091     Jul 13, 2012
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Please, by all means go get one

I would very much enjoy a conversation with him/her

RN

#3092     Jul 13, 2012
  3. Here's a few that seem to care if they are right or wrong.
    Call one of them up.

If your entry timing is good enough, you won’t lose much even when you’re wrong.
    - LINDA BRADFORD RASCHKE

I want the guy who is not giving to panic, who is not going to be overly emotionally involved, but who is going to hurt when he loses. When he wins, he’s going to have quiet confidence. But when he loses, he’s gotta hurt.
    -PAUL TUDOR JONES

My transformation from a losing trader to a winning trader took place when I was able to separate my ego needs from making money. Before, admitting I was wrong was more upsetting than losing money. I used to try to will things to happen. I figured it out, therefore it can’t be wrong. When I became a winner, I said, “ I figured it out, but if I’m wrong, I’m getting the hell out, because I want to save money and go on to the next trade.” By living the philosophy that my winners are always in front of me, it is not so painful to take a loss. If I make a mistake, so what!
    -MARTY SCHWARTZ

Place your stops at a point that, if reached, will reasonably indicate that the trade is wrong, not at a point determined primarily by the maximum dollar amount you are willing to lose.
    -BRUCE KOVNER

To be a successful trader, you have to be able to admit mistakes. "...In trading, however, the person who can easily admit to being wrong is the one who walks away a winner. Besides trading, there is probably no other profession where you have to admit when you're wrong".
    -VICTOR SPERANDEO

“It’s not whether you’re right or wrong that’s important, but how much money you make when you’re right and how much you lose when you‘re wrong.”
    -GEORGE SOROS

#3093     Jul 13, 2012
  4. Mysteron

Mysteron

Well I think that RN is correct when he says:

but only in the context of the outcome of individual trades.

On the other hand I think MK is correct when he says:

but only in the context of the outcome of a long term series of trades.

:cool:

In both contexts a trader is right when he/she adopts the correct behaviour by following a plan, and wrong otherwise.

#3094     Jul 13, 2012
  5. RN..u always have the right answers:)

TO

#3095     Jul 13, 2012
  6. MK..u know what is coming next..don't U:D

bunch of arseholes:)

i bet if u look hard enuf..they are all selling something..never forget the famous quote:D

also..we do no want to become one of the few..remember:)

done a shit load of work today on FFT setup..closed an options trade on ES to minimize loss on EUR options..and recovered some lost ground:D

will update on FFT progress..but need to be careful..too many prying eyes who will gladly look at TO's hard work and may see some benefit..and they do not even post..so..as Mr Ramsey would say to them..FUK OFF:D

TO

#3096     Jul 13, 2012
  7. MN..as TO has mentioned many times..u need to be able to spot the difference..quickly..remember:eek:

RN knows what he is talking about..and..no doubt the names mentioned have lots of $$$$..but u do not see them posting here..do U..so FUK THEM..there are no use to u what so ever..bunch of arseholes tied up with the big fat arse lazy bastards..and u know who they are..don't U

FUK THEM ALL..they will never help u make money..look after no.1..and forget about all the shit heads out there..for there are buckets of them..they can all FUK OFF :D

what kind of names are they anyway..are they from a hollywood fukin movie..mary fukin what:D

TO

#3097     Jul 13, 2012
  8. here is a much better quote from TO..member of TFF:D

trading is a load of bollox..99.99% of it is bullshit touted by big fat arse lazy bastards..for one reason..to keep the masses where they want them..so..FUK THEM all..and never ever believe what u read..only ever do what u know is right..and if u do not know..then u are a FUKIN LAZY ARSEHOLE who needs to get off ur big fat lazy arse..and do some fukin hard work to learn what is required:D

TO

#3098     Jul 13, 2012
  9. closed a short call i had open on ES..as took a guess that the ES might rally a bit today..guessed right this time

TO

[​IMG]

#3099     Jul 13, 2012
  10. the 15 min work from last night is now just near completion..will be finished tonite..this is a section of it..need to be careful..remember:D

there is an obvious flaw on bottom chart..which is now rectified..go figure..i love that saying RN:D

TO

[​IMG]

#3100     Jul 13, 2012