Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. B22..TO has some bad news for u about the long put option trade:(

#3021     Jul 5, 2012
  2. xburbx

xburbx

i have tried for some time to follow RSC and it isnt recognizing the movement or when something is going to happen but trying to figure which side to bet on and when it is right or wrong. is that where experience comes into play?

btw, good to see everyone

#3022     Jul 5, 2012
  3. Thank you very much TO (and TFF)!!!
    Now that I have some starting point, I need to work my way up slowly. No. 1 is burned in my brain, now need to work on no. 2 :)

I am stuck on the treadmill like many others and slowly need to ease off. It won't be easy, but that is reality!

btw your 1355 puts are ROCKING today :D

#3023     Jul 6, 2012
  4. Mysteron

Mysteron

For anyone not using quotetracker the following html files display charts for the Dow 30 stocks. Possibly something like these files have already been posted in this thread before. Note the file extension has been changed to txt to allow the file to be attached.

I noticed that the charts from yahoo now appear to be up to date after each refresh, and no longer delayed by 15 mins. That must be a recent change by yahoo.

1 day chart

#3024     Jul 6, 2012
  5. Mysteron

Mysteron

5 day chart

#3025     Jul 6, 2012
  6. Mysteron

Mysteron

MTF

#3026     Jul 6, 2012
  7. cool charts MN..i had forgotten u are a computer chappy:D

QT and IB are best of course..but they are good for anyone with no access..as u say

spotted something today that might come in handy for ES trading..worth trying out..need to update the T&S excel file with link to IB..i noticed earlier that the bastards might keep the ES below 1350 for expiry..which they did..it was an exciting end at close today:)

TO

#3027     Jul 6, 2012
  8. yes ML..but i closed the fukin thing yesterday..that is the bad news i had for B22..as i baked a fortune cookie yesterday that said the ES will drop today..but it was too late..the fukin trade was closed before the cookie was cooked..but at least it was closed for a profit..have to check it..looking at so many fukin things today i don't know what i am looking at:)

anyway..interesting day..will post something important about ES options on expiry day..as u need to watch it if trading them

decided to risk some money on EUR option today also..long call..not to excited about this one..but will see what happens next few trading days

TO

#3028     Jul 6, 2012
  9. and nice to see u XX:D

i would imagine so..for there is really no substitute for experience

do not get too hung up on T&S..for u can of course trade without it..if it helps u then use it..if not don't bother and just concentrate on what works best for u

TO

#3029     Jul 6, 2012
  10. so the ES options trading on expiry day

if u are long a weekly (EW) call options contract..and it finishes ITM..then u will be assigned very quickly..so make sure u close out the futures contract before close of business

u can of course keep ur long futures contract open over the weekend..and it may rocket up on open..but it may also tumble down..so do not turn a daytrade into a swingtrade..not worth the risk

make sure u read the contract spec for whatever u are trading..sure i know i don't have to tell u this..as u would do it anyway :D

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equ...dp500_contractSpecs_options.html#prodType=WK1

sure i was lucky it went up after being assigned :)

TO

[​IMG]

#3030     Jul 6, 2012