Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Very good point, but you are missing one very important thing about trading.

Opportunity Cost

#21     Jan 31, 2009
  2. doli

doli

That is why plenty of capital is necessary and more than one account or an arrangement with your broker to be long/short at the same time.

#22     Jan 31, 2009
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yes, but the human life span is generally limited to around 100 years :D :D :D

#23     Jan 31, 2009
    CDoubleUU and fullautotrading like this.
  4. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

I got a little confused there for a minute, is it doji or nodoji :)

All the money in the world, along with all the risk management in the world, along with the best way to maximise leverage, along with low or no commissions, along with the best data feed, along with all the other rubbish things like indicator this and indicator that, will be of no use to you unless you are aware that you must know what the obvious is!

#24     Jan 31, 2009
  5. Redneck

Redneck

And the obvious is - positive expectancy - why all the subterfuge

#25     Feb 1, 2009
    MarkBrown likes this.
  6. heypa

heypa

Mind games.

#26     Feb 1, 2009
    clockwork71 and Eddiemorra like this.
  7. You act like you have some secret that no good trader would give up. Everything is in the open that anyone needs to make trading work for them. Its the endless search for the holy grail that ruins most people, rather than working with what they have and improving small things time and time again.

Its the extra .05 in commissions or the extra 1% addition to your edge that is going to help you month after month. Not something found in your indicator collection.

YES I HAVE ONE TOO.

#27     Feb 2, 2009
    CDoubleUU likes this.
  8. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Positive expectancy, aka, making money, will only be a result when the obvious is known!

#28     Feb 3, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

I do not act, I just state what I know to be facts based on my experiences!

You are 100% correct when you say "everything is in the open", but the vast majority, and it is nowhere near the so called 95%, do not have one clue about it!

As mentioned previously, maybe not in this thread, the majority are fed rubbish for obvious reasons, but a handful have cracked it, and they do not part with their hard discovered details that easily.

FWIW, you do not need one single indicator, nor do I use any - how is that for a clue!

#29     Feb 3, 2009
    CDoubleUU and (deleted member) like this.
  10. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Unless you use it you lose it!

#30     Feb 3, 2009