Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

:D :D :D

It is very funny - the idiot Jim Cramer is speaking on the box, and I am listening to the fools ringing in and saying how good he is:D

He is no better than Madoff - with his ridicilious horn blowing and monkey antics.

Behaviour modification - please send POP to Cramer, his e-mail is plastered all over the place:D

Look - trading is as simple or as hard as you want to make it.

Forget about all the "experts" - as there are none.

If you really want to make money, then accept the fact that trading is gambling, and if you can accomplish that one simple goal, then you will stop reading all the rubbish that sends you up the wrong path!

If you don't even know the right Path, how can you ever walk it!

#211     Mar 12, 2009
  2. Yes, Fade it but you have to use Rule #1 to protect yourself, because you are never sure that the price will keep moving up and down.

Rule 1 - In a losing game such as trading, we shall start against the majority and assume we are wrong until proven correct! (We do not assume we are correct until proven wrong.) Positions established must be reduced and removed until or unless the market proves the position correct! (We allow the market to verify correct positions.)

But the big money are those trades when you catch A and B, and do it with BIGGER SIZE. Hence Rule #2.

Rule 2 - Press your winners correctly without exception

#212     Mar 12, 2009
  3. Redneck

Redneck

I'm assuming NYSESTOCKS meant range bound

But I've also learned never to assume with NYSESTOCKS:)

#213     Mar 12, 2009
  4. That is how you gamble, NYSESTOCKS

#214     Mar 12, 2009
  5. jnbadger

jnbadger

Again, this entirely depends on method. You would not want to implement this in certain mean reversion strategies.

#215     Mar 13, 2009
  6. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

A says Buy when moving up.

B says Sell when moving down.

C says Dump when not moving.

So - if a stock is moving Up and Down, does that not mean that you Buy it and you Sell it.

If you exit a long trade, then that means your current conclusions are that the move up is over, but, does that mean that the stock will now go down.

If so, then you should buy, but what if it stops moving, as that means you should dump.

Hmm, it is no wonder so many traders are jumping in and out of the markets like ping pong balls:D

Maybe they are unaware that it is a gamble, and if they are to gamble, then they need to have some sort of way of putting the odds in their favor, but as we know the usual stuff is of no real value, else it would not be made available to the public, then what are we supposed to do?

We are now getting close to the fork in the road!

Remember what Morpheus said, and also what I said about the "Path"!

#216     Mar 13, 2009
  7. Obviously, most losers do not see these obvious ways to gamble correctly! and

Most of them do not even think trading is gambling!

#217     Mar 13, 2009
  8. We are talking about Day Trading with high leverage. Mean Reversion will never make you big money and it is accident waiting to happen if you use high leverage!

#218     Mar 13, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Bullshite!

Go off and bring me back the data of the last 200 trades from the top 10 journal traders on ET, and I will show you how good the POP story really is:D

This is more of the same old rubbish - and please stop posting rules, as there are no rules that can be applied to random events!

You can, however, look for signs of stupid and idiotic behaviour, but that is not a rule, it is an observation that should tell you that now the idiots are starting at it again, and so this is now my chance to take some big money from them, to add to my little money that I take each and every day.

90% and 10% - remember!

Ok, time to go and see if I can ring into Cramer to tell him what I think of him:D

#219     Mar 13, 2009
  10. Are you trading RANDOM? You are getting desperate here NYSESTOCKS!:p

#220     Mar 13, 2009