Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

I'm sorry, did you just call me an idiot because I contributed to your thread? And are you saying that no one would ever share their P/L with ET?

You sir, Have just made yourself one of the biggest morons in ET's history.

Thank you for your input.

Feel free to contribute here

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113193

#151     Mar 11, 2009
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

#152     Mar 11, 2009
  3. 1. What can I ask to guide myself to the answer?

2. If I knew what the obvious was could I code it (given that I have the skills to code any quantifiable)?

3. Your BLASH statements mean that you "fade" most of the time and take BO trades a small % of the time correct?

#153     Mar 11, 2009
  4. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

This is one of the big misconceptions of trading!

You do not position yourself anywhere where you might drown!

Always keep one foot on dry land, just in case you might slip into the deep end that you could not see, unless you are a fish of course :D

#154     Mar 11, 2009
  5. my mentor ivanovich taught me that trading is super easy and fast and that making mony is only if you buy and goes up

and you sell and goes down, super fast and easy

#155     Mar 11, 2009
  6. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

#156     Mar 11, 2009
  7. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

1. Only you can decide what you think and do!

2. No - no computer will ever replace the intricate workings of the human brain!

3. Buy Low And Sell High means exactly that - as do the other abbreviations. If you want to try and fade the market you are then putting yourself in a very risky position - which can be a very sad thing to do at the best of times! Fading might seem Ok if you trade a few hundred shares, but when you trade thousands of shares you can get a big surprise that will quickly show you the value of understanding what gambling is all about!

#157     Mar 12, 2009
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

Evidently not. I suck. Sorry.

But I believe in the concept that you could publish the most profitable system ever, in the Wall street Journal, and most people would read it, but still fuck it up somehow.

Therefore, I don't necessarily challenge you to post stuff every day.

Just post a couple days, dude.

If this is unacceptable, well, I understand.

#158     Mar 12, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

His real name is Ivan Rich!

#159     Mar 12, 2009
  10. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Firstly, I am not a dude!

Secondly, I do not like repeating myself!

Thirdly, when I say something I mean it, and I never let others change my mind for me!

Lastly, you can post per topic if you like, if not you are free to go and hang as many wallpapers as you like, but not in this room please!

#160     Mar 12, 2009