Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

As mentioned, a few clicks of a mouse!

Let those who want to ask, ask, and they can then judge for themselves who knows what!

As for the so called "experts", I really don't care what ye do, as ye really know nothing about how the markets really work, and all you do is try and associate trading with something from by-gone days!

But wait, ye are all going to save the poor newbies from the idiots who know nothing - how ironic!

#141     Mar 11, 2009
    EVAP likes this.
  2. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Here is a deal for you TD - you elaborate and I will correct you if you get it wrong!

Do not think that candy is going to be thrown to all the shouting children, just because they shout!

I am fully aware of genuine questions and those that have alternative motives - been at this game too long now, and you fledglings can be read like a book :D

#142     Mar 11, 2009
  3. jnbadger

jnbadger

As a former YZ125, and three wheeler rider (Hobby , not racer or anything) That is awesome! It took me a LONG TIME to wheelie my 185 for a 1/4 mile.

Good times.

Good times.

#143     Mar 11, 2009
  4. jnbadger

jnbadger

This is a perfect example. You are spewing quotes and your own hyperbole without any substance.

Do you do this in real life as well as trading? If so, then I doubt you make any money, or that you even trade.

Please, oh please, give us the obvious answer.

BTW, if you do indeed make money in the market, please post your blotter on the P/L thread for one week. It's been painful for me lately, can't be anymore painful for you.

#144     Mar 11, 2009
  5. TraderD

TraderD

- define trend
    - choose big time frame
    - find trend
    - look for counter trend on smaller timeframe
    - fade counter trend when it fails definition of "trend"...the big trend should still be valid per definition

but this is pretty common knowledge

perhaps larger matrix of relationships can be build, giving a better picture of which timeframes are in control

the exits is where is gets more complicated

#145     Mar 11, 2009
    pikeman likes this.
  6. What time frame are you using? 30 min?

#146     Mar 11, 2009
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

Now THAT might be a thread killer.

Sorry dude.

#147     Mar 11, 2009
  8. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Substance!

You are a bigger idiot than your posts suggest!

Read what I have posted again, or are you one of the so called "experts" that knows everything before they read!

As for posting any details of my trading activities, that will never happen, as anyone who posts any of their personal details on a public website would want to have their head examined!

So, again, topic or tiptoe :D

#148     Mar 11, 2009
  9. The first rule of waves, especially in the open ocean, is that there are no rules. Waves take their time to develop; they don't spontaneously erupt from the ocean. In reality, alternating weather patterns, varying water depths, opposing currents, fetch obstruction and a multitude of other factors may change the way waves in a particular area react.

However, as a wave comes closer to shore it begins to break as its base can no longer support its top. Predicably, it collapses when the slope, or steepness ratio, is too extended.

To experience the greatest impact of a breaking wave, one must postion themselves in the trough where the water is most shallow due to the greater volume having been temporarily pulled into the crest.
    :cool:

#149     Mar 11, 2009
  10. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Yes, all textbook stuff which is absolutely of no real value!

The exit is not the most important thing when trading, as most traders will try and tell you, but the entry is very important!

I might have written this somewhere before!

BLASH and SHABL about 90%

BHABH and SLABL about 10%

Do you know what this means?

As for timeframes, you must decide what is the best timeframe that offers the best chance of winning, and then you trade that timeframe - surely this simple statement is self explanatory!

Lets say you are fulltime trading - and the markets have just opened, with the prices moving up and down like a yo yo. How do you know which is the best timeframe to trade, as the first few minutes might be MOO orders, or it might be some big institution putting on a multi million dollar trade.

Oh wait, yes, I forgot, I can use Level II and T&S to see what the MM's are doing, what a joke, really :D

Or, maybe the $PREM is indicating that program trading is now kicking in and the spurt should last a few minutes :D

Or, maybe the fact that the market pauses every 10 min to just let everyone know what way it is going - another gem :D

And last, but not least, maybe no one knows what the hell they are doing, and all that you are seeing is a bunch of idiots placing bets on a big game that has no rules - even though they think it has!!

#150     Mar 11, 2009