Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

No real logic if you read it thru!

I am a fool, that is so true, but I am a very happy fool :D

I was able to get the information that I set out to get, and the reason I got the information, is because, I done the exact opposite of everything you mentioned that I should do!

So, going on the basis that I don't lie, and I have no alternative motive like most, who is the real fool!

#111     Mar 10, 2009
  2. TraderD

TraderD

nyse,

if I may suggest, don't waste time on exchange of wits....

while you have not spilled your beans, I have not problem with general pattern of your thoughts...even if you look around in the world, you see majority of people eating, thinking and doing things mostly wrong (always claiming that they are right)...some of your statements remind me of Sufis

#112     Mar 10, 2009
  3. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

You see Rabbitone, people are not to be blamed for what they do and do not know!

Think about it - they can only deduce from the information that is available to them.

Applying logic to this situation, it is apparent that for one to make rapid progress one needs to be able to differentiate between what is "normal", and what is "abnormal".

Which one would you pick - the normal or the abnormal?

#113     Mar 10, 2009
  4. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Have no fear TraderD, wits or twits, it makes no difference to me in the least bit :D

"There is method in my madness"

but it is not what most think it to be!

Any experienced trader (and I am not talking $K's here) knows a good deal about what I speak, but there are but a handful that know the real truth.

SAD
    IM

#114     Mar 10, 2009
  5. lots of greek mythology in this thread.:confused: :confused:

#115     Mar 10, 2009
  6. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

1) Most traders do not have a clue about how to take money from other traders on a daily basis.

2) Volatility is nothing more than wide ranges on a chart - you do not need Mr Boloxinger or any of that rubbish to help you pick the money from the palms of other traders.

3) You do not need to know the intricate workings of order flow and how options, stocks and futures trades interact.

4) You do not need to look at Level II to try and see what MM's are doing, for most of the time they don't know what they are doing themselves.

5) S&P pit futures traders use 10 min engulfments to position and create fungible trades - no, I do not say fungus trades!

#116     Mar 10, 2009
  7. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

You must look to the past to see what the future might bring!

Tyche

#117     Mar 10, 2009
  8. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

I am a bit surprised that this thread has not got even one star!

#118     Mar 10, 2009
  9. Yeah, you're right.

I'd only give it 1/2 of a star myself ... :)

#119     Mar 10, 2009
  10. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

6) BLASH and SHABL about 90%

7) BHASH and SLABL about 10%

8) The only think you need to watch in relation to your trading activities, is your bank account.

9) Do no confuse Twits with Wits, for they are completely different - the Twit usually knows absolutely nothing and the Wit thinks he/she knows nothing, but unknown to himself/herself, the Wit knows a great deal about everything.

10) A widely used setup used by S&P pit traders is, and wait for it, as most traders will not have a clue about what it is, it is OTF

#120     Mar 10, 2009