Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

May you burn in hell :D

Forget it ALL - it is all rubbish.

Analogies do not work in the markets for many reasons, the main one being that there are a bunch of thick idiots trading the markets each and every day!

You might have heard the expression that "Knowledge is King". and nothing is closer to the truth.

If you want some truth then here it is:

The books by Mark Douglas, Van Tharp, Larry Williams, Jessie Livermore, etc, etc etc, are all a total waste of time and effort in reading!

Why is that, you may ask!

Simple, as all of these people wrote from their own perspective - not from the perspective of others.

If you want to think for others then you are on the wrong planet!

There is nothing I would like more in the world to share the knowledge that I have, but I can not do so for obvious reasons, as if I did, I would not only ruin it for myself, but for a select few others as well!

Now do you see the reality of trading.

Do you think that any person in their right kind would divulge serious profitable information to others for the sake of selling a few books, or worse, for some personal gratification by posting on a public website!!!

It is a cruel and callous world - those that are not prepared to think and act for themselves are doomed to failure, as has been the case for generations, and will continue to be the case into the future!

#101     Mar 10, 2009
    pikeman likes this.
  2. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

One remark that a certain elite member will fully understand!

Do you remember a few weeks ago when it was mentioned that the S&P might bounce off the 800 level for that long awaited 100 + pt rally!!

I think someone said that this time it IS different :D

Even some of the big players have got badly caught this time :p

BTW - why don't you post more often, as it would help others greatly.

#102     Mar 10, 2009
  3. LOL, I love it when I'm right. :)

#103     Mar 10, 2009
  4. heypa

heypa

This is the finest most informative thread I have ever read. Thank you from the bottom of my .....

#104     Mar 10, 2009
  5. ammo

ammo

in one post you have stated that there are no experts and at the same time you tell most replies that they are wrong implying that you are a wiseman,(wisemen never imply),jj's deductive reasoning would find this self incriminating,i would agree,you are fooling yourself,the ego is at best a clever fool,you sir ,have proved yourself foolish and human at the same time,part of the problem with being a trader and seemingly self fulfilled by making a larger income than most of the working stiffs out there is that you have found a way to beat lifes pitfalls,this is quite a way's off from the truth,dream on and think you have found the answer,life will remind you as it does all of us,the obvious anwer is that there is no obvious answer and that in knowing this staying humble,,the ever changing horizon,will keep us young and ever searching,your pretending has made it obvious to most,and i hope to you,one of lifes secrets is to never assume you have it figured out,at this point,you have stopped learning and become stale and started descending,so keep your eyes open,look for ways to grow and fight to improve yourself and the world you live in,and remember trading is just a source of income,not a life

#105     Mar 10, 2009
    pikeman and Joe6Pack like this.
  6. Reading the comments on these forums is fascinating to me. There are so many unique individual traders each successful in their own way spouting their trading religion (that is what they worship in trading…including yours truly). Halleluiah!

All traders (whether they admit to it or not) are running a unique trading business. What works for one trader does not fit the plan of another. Yet I continue to see traders get extremely frustrated and angry when they see others present different ideas (which may be a brilliant concept in their style of trading). The condescending trader will go so far as call the other trader an…. Well I will leave that to your imagination.

Many of you are day traders, that’s great, keep it up. However, some like my self swing and position trade in the daily time frame (it works I’m retired). When it comes to applying a concept that a day trader abhors it may produce excellent results for me. The reverse is also true. So I try to keep and open mind.

What I enjoy about ET are the new ideas that allow me to stretch my systems to new vistas. I have added many great additions to my new systems because of what I have read here. I have learned about C# which is tough on an old COBOL programmer (old IBM language I coded in).

But the crux of the problem for ‘newbies’ is to find a method that works and one that they can tolerate through the bumps and grinds that always happen. Yet traders continue to fail every day. This happens because we fail to describe to ourselves what we are trying to accomplish and learn how to make corrections.

When you finally understand your own trading objectives and methods then you can begin to make additions and subtractions to your plan from other ET’ers that can make you more successful. I believe trading is like the businesses I ran for 37 years. If you fail to look at “lessons learned” you are doomed to repeat the errors.

Then there’s all of these touted authors. Only YOU know if Jessie Livermore, Van Tharp or Larry Williams is relevant. Are they good or bad? That’s not relevant. What is relevant is do they provide you with what you need to run your trading business. If they don’t toss it out.

And yes I have my own platitudes.

Knowledge is not king. It’s what you do with the knowledge that makes you king.

Then there’s attitude. I love it when I’m wrong and realize it. Then I got a chance to succeed.

If you can’t change the facts then bend the attitudes.

Well enough of my religion for now. In the next note I will go through Exodus…Well back I go to looking at my systems and pray they work…

#106     Mar 10, 2009
    pikeman and ironchef like this.
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Rabbitone,

As always Sir - My Utmost respect to you:)

Redneck

#107     Mar 10, 2009
  8. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

A very good post in keeping with your nick lotsabullshite :D

Maybe you are right, and maybe you are wrong!

#108     Mar 10, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

OOps, I forget to answer you, but then again it is easy to see why!

#109     Mar 10, 2009
  10. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

You are welcome, and don't mind what the "experts" say, for they know nothing of any real value, honestly!

#110     Mar 10, 2009