Why Is The Not So Obvious Obvious?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by OddTrader, Jul 18, 2012.

1. You must be leveraged......

#21     Jul 24, 2012
  2. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

There was no real 'obvious' just a load of tips and hints, some good, others no so.

Basically -

- if the majority lose, try to do the opposite
    - The majority tend to learn from the textbooks so again, try to use that to your advantage
    - Trade small size, especially when starting out
    - Practice makes perfect
    - The importance of patience
    - The importance of getting larger size when right, or at least on the bigger moves
    - The big players can't trade when they want whereas the medium/small players can. So in order for these big players to trade, say go long, theyneed to paint the tape bearish. By doing that the majority will rush to dump their longs and/or get short and guess who's waiting their with their big fat mouths open?

Overall the thread should make people think but as ever there's no 'secret'.

#22     Jul 24, 2012
  3. Eight

Eight

A journey begins with the first step.. and you have to prove yourself and get to the end of the journey before you are allowed to understand the language..

Actually, doing some maths here.. if I could make 3x range every day there wouldn't be a market after a few months or years, I'd own the whole thing..

#23     Jul 24, 2012
  4. FYI.

What peole do with extra money is give it away.

Most people sweep their accounts regularly and take this surplus and put it to work solving problems.

#24     Jul 24, 2012
  5. the best thing to do is begin when you have no beleifs or myths in the way.

as in all learning, only one thing is going on. drills.

Try to recall how you learned to read or write.

Then go over how you learned addition and multiplication.

As I see it, and tried it out for 10 years, it takes about 40 class days to have it down cold.

The CW got it wrong. John Boyd well explained how CW doean't work. (do not go and read OODA.

Others who cannot follow me, feel that I am screwed up. I see their very real orientation as a CW orientation and this PREVENTS them from taking the high RISK to use their minds deductively.

the same kids that learned in 40 days, had a common shift in the SAT's. this Amptude test score shifted an average of 123 points for all students over 10 years. SAT uses a 6 sigma range and it is Gaussian. A 123 point shift in the middle (where else) is a tough stat to refute. The ETS tried and failed.

I taught by only answering questions put to me by students. texts were finsihed by late FEB and then we did the maths they requested. It was always the same maths. So I used tests like Beat the dealer and how to lie with statisitcs. The latter took 10 days to do. My library budget was always the largest department budget in the school.

One course I taught was a combo of theoratical physics and thoeretical calculus. It met 9 hours a week. Anyone who took it could go to any college he chose. And they did.

If I posted my logs and annotated charts for one week and you spent a lot of time studying them, then you could learn to trade in a week or so if you are of any high school age.

My best shot at a brief repair job was with hatetherisk. He did markets bar-by bar. He avered that he was having emotional concerns fter his entry and up to his exit. he was correct since he was anxious, fearful and angry. All these things come from not knowing what is going on.

I explained to him that half the time he could eliminate his emotions. If he did then he could eliniate another remaining half if he then did the second part of my solution. So he stopped posting and lost out.

What takes the time to learn to trade is building the spectrum in one;s mind. I could write out this spectrum and stuff it in your mind. then fter a night's sleep you would ask me questions to fill in the rough spots in the stuffing. Then you would be an expert.

Liz is licensed in NLP and curing ills through hytmotizing(sp); she learned to make 30% with real money (100Kstarting) in a month. She didn't like it though.

To learn thoroughly and quickly, you cannot make mistakes in learning; you have to avoid going through making corrections.

One of my inventions, spaggetti charts shows how streams of ingredients are interwoven to get a whole.

There are five streams that form the system of extracting the market's offer. Each one has an Order of Events. The weaving is done only one way by regarding only one market Pattern.

I have posted each of the streams and the order of events in each of the streams. I have stated the ingredients of the two sub sets of end effects and I have shown that the two subsets are non overlpping.

For the ATS I have stated that there are 24 tables to keep records. I have explained the coding system and named two coding languages.

The system is one that was deduced. That is, by thinking through the pieces of a market, you can figure out how the pieces MUST fit together and they only fit together in one unique way.

What happens when I person gets his mind built is that he has a spectrum in his mind. There are 17 or 18 pieces (I am not going to go count them). The meat of the spectrum is filled in with facts that make the pieces work in concert with each other.

For me, I learned to think when I got out of college. I had to solve problems that I was asked to discover. I became methodical. I only worked in one sphere of opportunity and I traded with a friend.

By pencilling charts day after day, I became informed of how my mind worked. Then I subconsciously came to what I saw the market doing in 1957, before mostly any tools were ever invented. I had no barriers at all.

Read all the posts of baro san. Start with the first post. His mind is not wrecked as are most minds.

I would say that mostly everyone wrecks their minds at some point in their lives. Now neuroscience is getting invented.

Temple Grandin is a good example of a person whereby, no one can get in her mind's way.

I am going to read all of your posts, next.

#25     Jul 24, 2012
  6. I was dissappointed to read your other post.

Neke has a performance that is "out of the box" And he got the wrong advice from an unknowing person.

you agreed with that advice because of your mind's content.

It is very hard to do a workaround if the content in the mind is deceiving.

Once I made two phone calls to a very large company.

In the first I was told they did not hire independent contractors. It was a top 40 company.

my second call was to meet a decision maker on his way home for the weekend (in the lobby of the building. I told him he had nothing important to do on the plane. And I gave him an Excel set of sheets in a brown envelope. (He ID'ed me by the envelope. In the excel were 24 workarounds I was completing to be able to work well with his competitor, Humana.

We were hired the next week in fifteen minutes with a brand new contract for indepenednt contractors. We set lifetime records for both companies later in the same time period, subsequently.

Consider the errors the advisor to Neke made.

I trade at five times the market capacity.

#26     Jul 24, 2012
  7. Paddler

Paddler

ROFLOL. :D

You have a better chance to strike a lottery.

Don't suck everything Jack said without using your brain to think thoroughly and performing the drills.

Take it positively from me. I am helping you.

Ask Ocean5 before you turn into another clone of Ocean5 or a detractor, your choice.

Remember that I am not in team B.

#27     Jul 25, 2012
  8. Oh, Oh... Moronalarm...

#28     Jul 25, 2012
  9. Paddler

Paddler

Nor am I in team A. :D

#29     Jul 25, 2012
  10. The obvious has not been discussed here, at least not in a clear manner.

I will open the Pandora's box in hopes of stimulating some decent discussions, that have yet to be part of this long ass useless thread.

Reading a chart does not necessarily tell you where price is going, no matter how much you think your technical tools or guru like combos can help you, it' just all bullshit, because if something is ridiculously bearish and a big player decides to buy big exhausting all selling, there's no way your crap can predict this, especially consistently. You could argue you could see it intraday, and if you are swing trading? Then what, big gap up your ass.

As far as probable areas of S/R based on past research and backtesting, that's fine, sometimes they hold, sometimes they do not, but is this good enough, nope! Following price like a puppy, up and down, if it acts well, great, and if it chops? Then you are fucked, sometimes even royally.

What you need is a catalyst.

Now, so what's good enough then ? Well it begins by imagining based on the current price action, what's the course of action that will harm the greatest amount of traders given the current atmosphere, not predicting it, but waiting for it to happen, what will make a particular side bleed from the ass.

Understanding what major pain looks like, and how it looks like, understanding what people getting royally fucked means, and pressing on such circumstances, this is what getting it really means.

You are welcome.

#30     Sep 22, 2013