why is the media so left?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jayford, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I find it humorous, yet so typical of ET'rs. to accept, uncritically, the claim that the "media" is "left".

First, it depends on what one means by media. Second, "left" of WHAT? Third, "left" in what way?

Would a conservative Democrat be considered "left"? What about a liberal Republican?

Is talk radio "left"? Of course not, but who counted that among the "media"?

How many of those who have their own TV news shows are "left"? Not many.

How much financial news comes from the "left"? The Wall Street Journal, IBD, CNBC--all are predominantly from the right.

Those who complain of "liberal media bias" are, for the most part, conspiracy theorists who just like to whine.

If you don't like your "media", stop whining already and subscribe to some other paper, or turn the channel to Fox.

#31     Sep 3, 2008
  2. I'm one who believes that there is definitely a liberal media bias. And I'm no "conspiracy theorist", or "whiner".

Frankly, your post gives no information about the topic, no facts, and no sense of what YOU believe, other than to belittle what others believe.

Finally I would suggest you open your eyes up...you might not have to make a bullshit post like this.

OldTrader

#32     Sep 3, 2008
  3. Peggy Noonan a leftist?

LOL!

Noonan was a special assistant to President Ronald Reagan from 1984 to 1986. In 1988 she was chief speechwriter for George Bush when he ran for the presidency.

Full Bio Here:

http://www.peggynoonan.com/biography.php

#33     Sep 3, 2008
  4. Thank you.

Bill O'Reilly, Keith Olbermann, Lou Dobbs, etc. are not news. They are editorial programs.

I will dare say this: Fox News intertwines more editorial opinion in what is supposed to be their 'fair and balanced' news coverage than any other media outlet I have ever witnessed, and it is plainly obvious to any objective person. It's not just what they say overtly, which is bad enough, but what images they show, what stories they focus on, and the very tone and level of aggressiveness they use depending on who is being covered.

If you don't see it, it may because you agree with Fox News' take on the world, but don't mistake your enjoyment and agreement with the possibility that they really are extremely biased, and that they should make a better effort between building a firewall between reporting news facts, and spinning opinion.

CNN and MSNBC aren't that much better in this regard, but all three are a joke in the integrity of their reporting news.

The Wall Street Journal used to be excellent at reporting news objectively, and having a clear editorial bent, and they kept it separate at all times. They were very much respected as a journalistic instrument because of this.

#34     Sep 3, 2008
    #35     Sep 3, 2008
  6. I actually thought he was being sarcastic?

#36     Sep 3, 2008
  7. This just in:

The leftist corporations own the main stream media...

Too funny...

#37     Sep 3, 2008
  8. #38     Sep 3, 2008
  9. The dullards around here might miss your sarcasm and actually think Noonan is not right wing enough, therefore a leftist...

If you are not 100% with the extreme wacko right wing, then they think you must be "against us."

#39     Sep 3, 2008
  10. Like I said - I think there is bias in the media - but it's labelled "leftist" because it's concerned about social issues. If you are concerned about corporate rights - your are labelled "right-wing".

This type of labelling is emotionally biased bullshit in my view.
    :p

#40     Sep 3, 2008