Why is the market rallying?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PaulRon, Apr 1, 2008.

1. 10y is down big, JPY down big. Exactly like you'd expect.

#41     Apr 1, 2008
  2. ssbc19

ssbc19

JPY was weak this morning, but seems to made a bottom around 9:45 while the market keeps rallying

#42     Apr 1, 2008
  3. Not sure what you're looking at, Globex JPY futures are down 2.2% on my screen. A pretty decent move for a currency. CHF down 1.9%.

#43     Apr 1, 2008
  4. ssbc19

ssbc19

Ok, I'm just watching spot prices, which are going lower now

#44     Apr 1, 2008
  5. They are all outside your office waiting for you to take a position. Just as you do that, "they" take the opposite position, and because "they" have millions of dollars to just piss away, they quickly screw you.

Man, every seasoned trader knows that.

Sheesh.

#45     Apr 1, 2008
  6. We saw some professional selling last Thursday. Today the volume has spiked notably.

p$

:p ROTFLMAO: Stock_Trd3r has taken a break - just when the Dow jumps 375 points:eek: !

• wr.png
      File size:
      3.3 KB
      Views:
    #46     Apr 1, 2008
  7. Nice post... lets see what the rest of the week brings

#47     Apr 1, 2008
  8. wjk

wjk

My thoughts, also. Add to that the perception we are at a bottom, even though we may not yet be, can't think the money managers want to explain why they were late to the party if we have indeed bottomed.

I almost never enter the market biased, but I actually held a large long overnight last night and got long out of the gate this morning. Haven't played long in awhile. Felt strange.

#48     Apr 1, 2008
  9. Very true.
    And often times people get the two confused.

#49     Apr 1, 2008
  10. Too many "Gloom & Doomer" ET posters.
    :p

#50     Apr 1, 2008