Why is the market going up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Wolfgang1756, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Quote from Nine_Ender:

You're insane buddy. You think this is a Depression. It's not.
    You'd argue the sky is red when its blue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Na, We are not in a Depression. Of course not. I mean, why would we have zero growth in Jobs, first time since 1940s, housing market is near levels of the 1930s as far as the collapse, we have a new PUBLIC WORKS project coming, not the Hoover Damn but Infrastructure. These are just some of the Facts that Dispute we are not in a Depression. I mean, who in right right mind would think that...a bunch of nutjobs and RON PAUL followers?:D

#151     Sep 2, 2011
  2. So you are predicting that the DOW will jump from 11,291 to 11,855 next week. The DOW dropped 200 today so 588 in a week either way up or down is not unreasonable.

However, I don't think I can count on the republicans supporting Obama's job plan, especially now that there is so much talk about presidential candidates starting up.

#152     Sep 2, 2011
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Here in Canada, much lower unemployment then the US, and housing prices continue to gradually rise ( did they ever fall ? ). Our banks reported earnings beats again, in some cases large beats plus a dividend increase. TD Bank raised their dividend twice this year.

I find it hard to believe the US is anything close to how you perceive it.

Funny to see you claim you made money on your shorts when you were posting the same heavily bearish shit in early August.
    TSX remains up 1000 points from my long call.

#153     Sep 2, 2011
  4. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

1.) Now is a good time to go long over the holiday weekend
    2.) Jobs is NOT bipartisan, but if it is made into one by Obama (he has said he won't, even though that's most likely distorted O-BS), it won't be supported
    3.) Next Wed will determine, no doubt, whether Obama will have four more, We have to wait in see, although I slightly expect it to be a disappointing jobs plan

#154     Sep 2, 2011
  5. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

No silly the monitory side is coming. Haven't you heard the rumors anyways? Those are what count the most

#155     Sep 2, 2011