Why is the EU plan causing such a huge reaction?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jedwards, May 9, 2010.

1. I think it was a smooth move. Basically buys time. Very same thing the US did. Except only prolongs the ripping of the bandaid ie the structural problem that we spend more than we make which can only go on so long...

#21     May 10, 2010
  2. The governments are doing the only thing they know how to do,
    print print print. This will only guarantee an even bigger crash down the road. What a fade this is.

#22     May 10, 2010
  3. Great, fade it. Please post your position.

#23     May 10, 2010
  4. promagma

promagma

Wouldn't it be funny if the market crashes again right here - 10:45am

#24     May 10, 2010
  5. I'm betting that's in the cards. The "good news" practically wiped out any trace of the bad news. But the bailout is expensive, and curtails production in the future. Someone will eventually figure that out.

#25     May 10, 2010
  6. And they can't have that now can they.

#26     May 10, 2010
  7. Just went short on tsx -100. Lets see how it closes today.
    currently 11,929.

#27     May 10, 2010
  8. I really don't think any of the people on this forum have any idea as to whats going on in this market or these bailout situations from the government. No wonder why 99% of you guys fail and dont make money. You think you know things when you dont.

p.s. does anyone know of a forum where traders DO know what they're talking about instead of all this market conspiracy bs all the time?

(RGC girl pictorium and daily hottie still the best threads on here)

#28     May 10, 2010
  9. This gap we're seeing on the S&P500, it won't get filled right away. 1-2 weeks later possibly.

#29     May 10, 2010
  10. there's never been any alternative to the bailout since there's so much debt between
    the EU countries, France and Germany alone are owed $1.5+T and i'd ball park the
    total debt in the EU at between $2 and $3 trillion

so far as the euro's concerned, like the indicies it's doing a correction but will fall again
    once that correction's complete

#30     May 10, 2010