Why is the Dow going soo high?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bullz n Bearz, Jul 16, 2007.

1. I can't agree more. I think its actually harmfull to try to learn "why". If the markets are like a car then they have a billion parts and your never going to understand how it all fits togather. Your never even going to understand 10% of "why" and if anything it will bias you in the wrong direction.

#21     Jul 18, 2007
  2. I can't find the video but someone asked Buffet this and his response was that if the DOW was to repeat its performance from the last century it would have to go to 2 million so yes, the markets will go higher.

#22     Jul 18, 2007
  3. thread starter:

Anyone know what REALLY causes these big moves? I mean, why so many people all of a sudden are buying on the dow?
    ==========================================

The latest move, if this is what you are refering to, was caused by a breakout to the upside of a symmetrical triangle.

The 4th candle from the right shows the day the breakout
    occured. Always easier to see in hindsight though.

-Stephen

#23     Jul 18, 2007
  4. That's a boy! Back in action with classic stupid lines. You're like a little mini Dan Quayle! GO turder GO! :p

#24     Jul 18, 2007
  5. ^ But he's right though (on this one occasion only).

Increased monetary supply + government lies about CPI = Inflated stock market (and every other asset).

#25     Jul 18, 2007
  6. How does the Dow going up CAUSE a cheap dollar? :D :confused:

#26     Jul 18, 2007
  7. ^ The other way around, oppenheimer.

#27     Jul 18, 2007
  8. No shit and hence my original post. :D

#28     Jul 18, 2007
  9. It's the poster child for the Republican party. Come fall of 08 it will be near 16,000, our nation will be futher in debt, our currency will be near worthless, after you factor that in it's will be a net gain of ZERO, but hey the Dow is soaring wink wink.

#29     Jul 18, 2007
  10. It's pretty simple.

Some of your VERY LARGE multi-national companies are in the Dow Jones Industrial Average . . . Names like IBM, MMM, Alcoa, Caterpillar, Dupont, Exxon-Mobil, etc.

They have ALL been benefitting off of the WEAK DOLLAR.

As it is, 44% of the S&P 500 gets its sales revenue from outside of the United States.

This has nothing to do with "emotions and loans" as you state, and everything to do with growing earnings. This is basic Econ. 101A.

#30     Jul 18, 2007