Why is that?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Andy62279, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Thanks Madison. It's true, I really do love it. On weekends when so many of my friends are dreading the coming week, I really can't wait until Monday. Most people love national holidays, I hate them 'cause the markets closed.:mad:

#41     Sep 13, 2002
  2. I would also add that as M.Douglas correctly mentioned in Wall Street "the most valuable commodity is information". And if you are a small individual trader, you almost never have an informational advantage.

#42     Sep 13, 2002
  3. Why is that?

Because as a product of the human condition we are in a constant state of discord with her.

Ultimately some have the will and inner strength to break through and the others will stay a puppet to their habbit ridden mentality.

...and the weak ones fade away------> Billie Holiday

#43     Sep 13, 2002
  4. Why is the market always referred to as "her?" I find the market much more predictable than a woman.

#44     Sep 13, 2002

5. Because it can be a bitch sometimes.

#45     Sep 13, 2002
  6. I don't know exactly why I do this and I really never spent anytime conceptualizing over it...

Hemingway came close with this quote from Old Man and The Sea
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8017
    The post "The Feminie Market"

#46     Sep 13, 2002
  7. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

...Once you work in the markets for a living it kind of stays with you. Other jobs aren't nearly as exciting or challenging. I get to use many of my scientific skills everyday as well as business and people skills. Not many jobs provide such an environment.

Another poster said that smaller non-institutional shops had a disadvantage with respect to information. I agree with this statement only to a degree: most of the information required is freely available if you put in the work to obtain it ....

As far as making money goes ..... I know a lot of people who work in the markets - most of them independent traders - and who are raising families, living in nice homes, and driving nice cars. It seems to me that if you could not make a good living trading then I would see no such examples. Trading is like any other profession: it takes hard work to succeed.

#47     Sep 13, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

I do not. I find women much more predictable.

The market sometimes gives and sometimes takes. You never know in advance. With women you always know.

With an IQ of 140, you should be able to figure them out:)

#48     Sep 13, 2002
  9. my iq is 900. i have you all beat.

#49     Sep 13, 2002
  10. seriously, i did take an iq test on the internet some time ago. not that it really means anything, but here is the exact copy & paste result i got (i saved it to a file):

"Your IQ according to this test: 153"

(i don't believe it either) :)

#50     Sep 13, 2002