Why is that?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Andy62279, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Gordon,

That's a great thought -- now when are you going to follow your own advice??

#11     Sep 12, 2002
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

Hmmm look for Gordon G's Mom new Member... I wonder what "she" will say

#12     Sep 12, 2002
  3. Andy,

The reason most new traders fail is because when they first started trading, they looked around and saw the majority of people losing, and began asking "why don't traders make more money?"

Once you ask that question, you are cursed for life. It has to do with having offended the "Gods of Trading."

The right question for a new trader, the only pertinent question is "what am I gonna do with all that money I make?"

#13     Sep 12, 2002
  4. gnome

gnome

"I hope I can break even today. I could use the money."

#14     Sep 12, 2002
  5. LOL!!! Hehehehehehe

#15     Sep 12, 2002
  6. Gordon,

I think your mom will make Elite before me.

#16     Sep 12, 2002
  7. OHLC

OHLC

777, you speak like a true Don Bright today :eek:

OHLC

#17     Sep 12, 2002
  8. Where is Don lately?

#18     Sep 12, 2002
  9. Banjo

Banjo

"My objective is to find if I have any of these weaknesses, so I can work on them before I begin trading."

Can't be done. Weaknesses won't become apparent untill you are trading. Start small and tread carefully, keeping track of your every move. Print out a chart of your trades on whatever time frame you used for the play and draw your trades in. Then print charts on the next longer two time frames 5,10.15min. whatever and draw the trades in. Ask yourself what your reasons were for the play. See how the play looks on the longer time frames. What do you see ? What do you change? What worked? No matter what you think you will do it's not going to be what you will do when you are actually trading. By the way, that youth over experience thing isn't going to play in this game.
    Just trade a little, be wary, get in touch with what you're actually feeling, get used to it.

#19     Sep 12, 2002
  10. Quiet1

Quiet1

if you have ever:

- drunk too much
    - eaten too much
    - spent to much
    - envied too much
    - feared too much
    - driven too fast
    - broken a promise
    - been uncontrollably angry
    - been inconsolably unhappy
    - not done the thing you knew was right

then you have experienced the temptations and pain that traders are subject too EVERY moment they trade (unless they find another way)...

Best of luck!

:D

Q1

#20     Sep 12, 2002